Which size jets to get?

ETR174

That's fine he said. We checked out that plate and he said its metal so its more sturdier than the stock plate. On that plate do you have the the foam gasket on the plate? The one that is on there now it torn so that is an air leak, another problem with the bike.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Alright I bought a TORS Removal kit on eBay for $55 with idle screws and all. Funny part is that the seller is the next city over. Small world we live in.

A lot of banshee stuff can be found from Michigan lol. I usually end up getting it out of state just to avoid sales tax but on small purchases it really doesn't matter but when spending several 100 or a 1000 it can be a descent amount of savings.

A lot of banshee stuff ends up coming from Michigan lol. I usually end up getting it out of state just to avoid sales tax but on small purchases it really doesn't matter but when spending several 100 or a 1000 it can be a descent amount of savings.

True. I'm looking into getting it compression tested for better fuel economy. I already made a thread where someone already told me how to compression test on my own so I'll try it soon.

When you get ready to drill and tap, put a broom handle or something similar in the carb body so as not to drill thru and nick the other side of the carb throat. It is soft metal and drills and taps very easy, no need to push hard. Also when putting it all back together, the slides in the carbs are left and right specific, they will go into the wrong carb backwards, and give you fits when running. 

When you get ready to drill and tap, put a broom handle or something similar in the carb body so as not to drill thru and nick the other side of the carb throat. It is soft metal and drills and taps very easy, no need to push hard. Also when putting it all back together, the slides in the carbs are left and right specific, they will go into the wrong carb backwards, and give you fits when running.

Yeah, defidently don't want to spend another $100 or so on a new carb. I saw Sparky's Garage on YouTube stuff a rag through it so it also gets all the metal bits along with it.

Glad to see you're doing your homework on all things Banshee...It's an addiction. I've had at least one at all times since they came out. Be sure to get yourself a Clymers manual and read through it when you can, even parts you don't understand will help you eventually. And if your looking for fuel economy you more importantly need to do a leak down test. That will check the engine for air leaks. 

Glad to see you're doing your homework on all things Banshee...It's an addiction. I've had at least one at all times since they came out. Be sure to get yourself a Clymers manual and read through it when you can, even parts you don't understand will help you eventually. And if your looking for fuel economy you more importantly need to do a leak down test. That will check the engine for air leaks.

Would the Yamaha manual work too? I have it on PDF on my phone. I used it to look at the TORS System and how the carbs work. I've been meaning to read it lately but looks like there is still a lot of info in the Yamaha one. Yeah I understand why Banshee's are an addiction. Ever since I rode my first (current bike) time on it I instantly fell in love with it. Back in August my dad was talking about buying it for my birthday, talking about buying all this crazy stuff for it and everything. Turns out he had one too. Him and his cousin went to a dealer and ordered two Banshees in 1993. In 1996 he sold it to his friend and his friend took it up to Cadillac, Michigan to ride when he went up there very so often. I feel bad for it. Last year I rode my current one in late August 2012 for the first time. My dads is still up there in a barn collecting webs. Back in 2012 my dad pulled it out and emptied the tank, put new fuel in (my fuel) and we went riding together. This bafoon that has my dads bike abuses it all the time and gets no maintence. My dad actually talked about buying it from him. He said yes and then changed his mind the next day. For my birthday I'll see about getting a GoPro and I'll record it next time we go up north along with my dads bike and if I don't get one I'll take pictures. Still, me and my dad still feel bad about that poor Banshee :( My dad is actually talking about buying it back from him for himself though :)