Which size jets to get?

ETR174

Yeah it does have those screws. My dad used them to tune the carburetor when he thought the carburetors were running bad or something. He took the throttle apart and found out the little stop for the thump part to keep it idling was bent so it was below idle.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk.

nothng on the thumb lever is for idle adjsutment. The idle on a stock untouched carburator is the 2 screws under the seat on the TORS. http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=144110&p=1243066

nothng on the thumb lever is for idle adjsutment. The idle on a stock untouched carburator is the 2 screws under the seat on the TORS. http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=144110&p=1243066
Yeah I know. I'll have to take the throttle apart tomorrow and show you guys.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

If it has tors then the first thing you should do is unplug it all. Unplug the black tors box under the left side of gas tank. Unplug the plug on thumb throttle and at carbs and unplug the parking break wire. Then buy a tors elimination kit. It is new carb caps and throttle cable. A drill bit and tap to drill and tap carbs for real idle screws that you can adjust on carbs. Tors is just garbage and when it malfunctions your bike won't run makes it very hard to diagnose drivability issues and also makes it a complete pita to remove carbs to change jets or adjust idle screws. Def one if the very first things you should do.

May just need idle raised in both carbs and the air screw's set correctly. Idle screws do not "tune" the carb just changes idle. If it runs poorly other then too low of idle they won't help that would be airscrews or jets if its carburetion thats the issue

If it has tors then the first thing you should do is unplug it all. Unplug the black tors box under the left side of gas tank. Unplug the plug on thumb throttle and at carbs and unplug the parking break wire. Then buy a tors elimination kit. It is new carb caps and throttle cable. A drill bit and tap to drill and tap carbs for real idle screws that you can adjust on carbs. Tors is just garbage and when it malfunctions your bike won't run makes it very hard to diagnose drivability issues and also makes it a complete pita to remove carbs to change jets or adjust idle screws. Def one if the very first things you should do. May just need idle raised in both carbs and the air screw's set correctly. Idle screws do not "tune" the carb just changes idle. If it runs poorly other then too low of idle they won't help that would be airscrews or jets if its carburetion thats the issue
Ok thanks, I'll look into the kit. I think that those tors does create some problems. Back in August when I rode it at the dunes my dad pulled it on the lot from the trailer to try to start it and wouldn't start up. When he messed with those it finally started but the right side cylinder wasn't firing while the left one was. Now that you mention those they do suck. Just wondering, what could cause a spark plug to go out in under a week? The last day I was on the dunes only one cylinder was firing when I started it up on the last run and found out it was the spark plug. We put in new ones a week ago from when we first arrived.

• Like 1

Srry I don't. From what I've read u can just unplug everything like these other guys tell you but it makes it way easier to tune and work on your carbs with the kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's what it looks like on the videos. You just drill threads into a hole on the Carbs and put the screw through, then you just use the screw to tune the idle correct?