Which size jets to get?

ETR174

Yes that's how u turn idle up or down. I have no experience with tors caps but the idle with tors is adjusted by turning knob on the tors caps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well do you have a kit yourself? If so does the electronic cables for the TORS have to be plugged in for the Banshee to be started?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

My tors is removed. The wires at throttle have been cut off at throttle everything else is disconnected. Do u have fresh gas in bike. Have u cleaned the air filter. Are the carbs clean. What kinda condition is this bike in.

Well, the gas is about 3 months old, the air filter is hella full of air filter spray, and the carbs are fine. I'm going to get a new air filter soon but I'm not going to be riding it for another 8 months anyways. I just want to get everything situated for it for when I take it out in the dunes in August.

Well hella full of oil would make it run rich. How do u know the carbs are clean. Have u removed them from bike and took them apart. I'd drain gas get fresh gas preferably premium non ethanol mix it 32 to 1. Clean filter to remove excess oil let it air dry then re oil it properly I/e not over oiled. Get two new ngkb8es spark plugs and then go from there. If you could tell us what jets are in the carbs then someone could point u in the right direction. When you were asked about elevation they meant are you at sea level or 5000 ft because it makes difference in what jets you should use. If you do all that and your still having problems then I'd post back here but seems like we getting no where fast like this.

Well do you have a kit yourself? If so does the electronic cables for the TORS have to be plugged in for the Banshee to be started?

your going to want to disconnect all the electrical connections on the TORS and most importantly the black tors brain box under the gas tank on shifter side or yes it can make it not start.  once all of its electrically disconnected then it wont stop your bike from running. at this the tors is now just the 2 mechanical tops on the carburetors that adjust idle and make it a pain to get to your carbs or remove them and if you so choose you can install the tors eliminator kit wich will replace the mechanical aspect of the tors the large boxes sitting on the top of the carburator with normal style carb caps and a set of idle screws that to install you must drill and tap the carburetors. this kit includes throttle cable, two carb caps 2 idle screws and a drill and a tap.

Secondly you'll want to remove the wire to the clutch for the parking brake. this is not part of the tors but it will make your cdi go into rev limiter modw and not let it go above idle when parking brake is on or its malfunctioning.

Well hella full of oil would make it run rich. How do u know the carbs are clean. Have u removed them from bike and took them apart. I'd drain gas get fresh gas preferably premium non ethanol mix it 32 to 1. Clean filter to remove excess oil let it air dry then re oil it properly I/e not over oiled. Get two new ngkb8es spark plugs and then go from there. If you could tell us what jets are in the carbs then someone could point u in the right direction. When you were asked about elevation they meant are you at sea level or 5000 ft because it makes difference in what jets you should use. If you do all that and your still having problems then I'd post back here but seems like we getting no where fast like this.

I guess that could also be the problem, I think I run 50:1. The previous owner says he rebuilt them right before we took it back in August to ride in the dunes.

your going to want to disconnect all the electrical connections on the TORS and most importantly the black tors brain box under the gas tank on shifter side or yes it can make it not start. once all of its electrically disconnected then it wont stop your bike from running. at this the tors is now just the 2 mechanical tops on the carburetors that adjust idle and make it a pain to get to your carbs or remove them and if you so choose you can install the tors eliminator kit wich will replace the mechanical aspect of the tors the large boxes sitting on the top of the carburator with normal style carb caps and a set of idle screws that to install you must drill and tap the carburetors. this kit includes throttle cable, two carb caps 2 idle screws and a drill and a tap.

Secondly you'll want to remove the wire to the clutch for the parking brake. this is not part of the tors but it will make your cdi go into rev limiter modw and not let it go above idle when parking brake is on or its malfunctioning.

Ok so then I can completely remove the TORS brain with the kit I found?

Do what uman says. 50:1 will let a lot more fuel in which could be why it's rich. Go 32:1 fresh fuel

Ok thanks I'll try that. My dad says the carb has stock jets so that's the reason all along. My dad hasn't had one for 16 years so he's got a little rusty with this 2 stroke stuff.

more then likely if your fouling plugs with stock jets its not the jets making it rich but the oil ratio. empty your gas tank and use a fresh mix of 32:1

20:1 6.4oz oil per gallon    way too rich even tho manual does say to run this it smokes alot , fouls plugs, gums up the silencer packing and eventuallu plugs them and ive seen them catch on fire from the excess oil.

32:1 4 oz oil per gallon of gas    optimal

40:1 3.2 oz oil per gallon     some of my friends use this ratio on dirbikes but i prefer 32:1 on banshees and i think most do.

50:1 2.6 oz oil per gallon of gas  this is what most small 2 cycle engines use like weed whips or backpack blowers wouldn't use it on a dirtbike or atv personally

• Like 1

I spoke to my dad and he said there's a lot of work to do to this Banshee. He said that for one the air filter is the first stock one from 1993 so its 20 years old and full of cleaner, second the expansion pipes need to be taken off and there should be a lot of smudge to clean up in the exhaust ports on the engine, third the TORS are reacting with the carbs and I do need the elimination kit, fourth the carbs need new reeds, fifth the carbs need to be rebuilt, and lastly the expansion pipes have huge dents (I'll have to show you later). I'm thinking about using the water and freezer method over the blow torch and air compressor. Anyone ever done the water an freezer trick? How well does it work?

Edited by ETR174