Lectron carbs

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no reason you couldnt use the correct matching needles and you will tune each side slightly differently anyway. In what I have seen 10 mil cheetahs could work with a single PJ no problem on gas. They arent as thirsty as say a 10 mil cub with small bore pipes or even some 4mils with a lot of timing and compression. Definately just need to make sure they have gravity float/seat setup. Big bowls would still be a wise investment as well.

Just got off the phone with Dennis @ Packard and like you guys said, more then help full! The stress is gone these 2 carbs will be perfect! Like I thought, like any descent carb it doesn't matter what it came from, it can be set up to work with choice of application. Thanks for the advice.

Some people drill out the orifice on Lectrons to run alky. I'm sure Packard went over that. Those carbs are waaaayy to big to run gas on that motor. They are probably too big to run alky efficiently as well. It'll run, but be hard to tune, and probably like to bog.

Umm well that sucks !! Sure rained on my parade! What size would you suggest? I don't get it, you can take a set of 35mm pwk's and run them on a stock bore banshee, that comes stock with 26mm carbs. Guys say 39mm pwk's would be a good size for this motor well the 44's are only 5mm bigger, small difference when you compare the 26mm - 35mm.

I'm not claiming to know much, I only know what has worked with my experiences, and I have 0 experience with lectron carbs, and. 0 exp. with any banshee motor over stock bore.

Also I mentioned to Dennis what I was putting these carbs on, he didn't say they were to big. I am sending the carbs to him and havinghim set them up. I wish I knew about these things, I'm not a big of wasting $.

Anyone running lectrons with gas, please feel free to let me know the size of motor and size of carbs you are using. Or anyone with exp. running lectrons with gas.