Lectron carbs

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a sweet deal on 2 lectron 44mm carbs. I want to use them on my drag bike project. The motor is a 10mill cub drag ported by k&t. However I am useing race gas, always have used pwk's on my bikes, I don't know much about these lectron carbs. Would the pe-1 needle still be used with race gas? Also does anyone still use the power jets with gas? What about duel power jets with gas?

Anyone with experience useing lectrons with gas who can give me some info on setting these things up, I would be very great full.

You have carb fever! I guess you're all set to just carb the shit out of that motor. Dual power jets on gas????

You planning to feed it fuel or use fuel to wash all the oil off the cylinder walls?

My last message was towards the size difference defiantly not towards you last comment.

Just saying they are too big is not being help full. It is starring a point, starring a point and giveing valid reason is being help full. Wow on the crag today. I'm 100% open to all help, it why I finally joined this group instead of reading from the side lines. I said in the begging 0 exp. in lectrons.

In noway was I trying to be disrespect full cause that is just not me! But kinda hard to tell when you reading from this.

Anyway I'm a big enough to tell you seem to be offended from my "that's not help full" response. But it was my opinion that you were not, so in no way am I sorry for that. But your filling message that I agreed on. Was a very help ful statement.

My last message was towards the size difference defiantly not towards you last comment. <br />Just saying they are too big is not being help full. It is starring a point, starring a point and giveing valid reason is being help full. Wow on the crag today. I'm 100% open to all help, it why I finally joined this group instead of reading from the side lines. I said in the begging 0 exp. in lectrons. <br />In noway was I trying to be disrespect full cause that is just not me! But kinda hard to tell when you reading from this. <br />Anyway I'm a big enough to tell you seem to be offended from my "that's not help full" response. But it was my opinion that you were not, so in no way am I sorry for that. But your filling message that I agreed on. Was a very help ful statement.

<br /><br />I refer you to Jmadd's post. You can discount what I said..i really don't care. But Jmadd has a LOT of experience. .and if you can't take his statement as being good enough of a reply..then good luck.

You have carb fever! I guess you're all set to just carb the shit out of that motor. Dual power jets on gas????

You planning to feed it fuel or use fuel to wash all the oil off the cylinder walls?

C'mon windy, you know bigger carbs don't mean more fuel!! Less velocity, less fuel.

C'mon windy, you know bigger carbs don't mean more fuel!! Less velocity, less fuel.

Dual power jets on GAS? = Hydro locked. LOL

He can turn those off, or at least put a bb in the line if they're drilled.

I would hope so.

Still…..having carbs that out flow the reeds…..what's the point?

ok i stopped reading about 10 posts ago,

in all actuality ( and i'm sure dennis asked this)  you need to know if they are 44mm straight bore or a 41.5/44 or 42/44 or hv high velocity type lectrons..  if you are sending them to him i would just ask to have the sizes of the pj's checked and verified..  and you will probably NOT need 2 pj's even on alky. ( because its a cheetah)  a single should be fine.  i would check needle and seat size, actual bore size, and main needle set.  i bet you end up with a 3-1 to a 5-2 needle.  being canada its pretty cold i'm guessing..

44 on gas will be fine, especially if they are the HV style    if it bogs  its a tune/ port issue.  i'm guessing in the pic in your avi that it has block off's  i'd HIGHLY suggest getting the valves for it and pray that the k+t porting is not to agressive for the valves to work right...   with the valves in it it will have monster bottom end even with the "too big " carbs..   cheeta's are not a cub  they run differently with larger carbs due to the increased intake size/ velocity..   as stated they are not nearly as prone to sucking the bowls dry or needing to be flooded with fuel to not detonate ( as long as the dome size is right)

UPP has intakes for them  

on a side not  i'm hoping you are setting up the clutch right and doing something with the transmission. and  thats a beast of a motor your building. i really hope it isnt using a budget junky ass crankshaft... and that the top case is done right for proper base gasket sealing... build it right the first time you will be happy with it.  cut corners and you will hate it.

of course  this is just my opinion...  based on years of dealing with a 535 and lectrons..

Thank you very much. I have been doing alot of research the past many hours, and I think I'm going to just run alcohol. The motor is supposedly already set up to do so with domes cut by Titan. The only real reason I was pushing to run race gas is I always have it as I run 50:50 race gas/pump gAs in my trail bike. The other reason being I have not a clue about alcohol. So I have been researching it and believe it would be best suited here.

Camatv if you had the time to fill me in on your 535 cheetah set up and what has been working for you, I would be more then happy to listen! What do you mix the alcohol at?

What is the alcohol called ?(name brand)

Mixing oil?

Thanks again