Lectron carbs

I got a sweet deal on 2 lectron 44mm carbs. I want to use them on my drag bike project. The motor is a 10mill cub drag ported by k&t. However I am useing race gas, always have used pwk's on my bikes, I don't know much about these lectron carbs. Would the pe-1 needle still be used with race gas? Also does anyone still use the power jets with gas? What about duel power jets with gas?

Anyone with experience useing lectrons with gas who can give me some info on setting these things up, I would be very great full.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The powerjets will be useful for tuning the topend but they will dump way more gas than needed. They might be mostly closed which is fine. 44s are a lil big. I may have some gas needles that would work for ya if you wanna trade pe-1s

So how hard is it to set these up for my 535 motor? I read that some say its easy, yet others seem to say different. You sound like you know them well. After just telling you what I bought, what do you think About the 2 carbs? Can I easily use them on the 535? I believe the one carb was used with gas, and I know more about the other carb. It was 100% used with alcohol and it a duel power jet. Would I be better off turning it into a single power jet? Or makeing the other a duel?

A 10mil cub is not a 535. first figure out your intakes to get the carbs to fit. then post pics of pj set ups. lastly we will need number and pic of float needle and seat to determine if they are for gas/alky pump/gravity etc. I personally feel they are to big for a 10cub. i ran 40mm on my 14cub

In your first post you stated 10 cub. You need newer chariot intakes for large carbs. The bolt spread for the intake boots are different on the chariots. upps are supposed to work. post pics of prev stated items and we can get you close. i might have some gas needle/seat and slide needles laying around as well.i believe 10mm by 74.5 is a 535

Edited by m671054