Ignition system options what's everyone running?

southside

I've been out of the loop for a while with banshee stuff, what is the best setup ignition wise for a drag/dune banshee these days. I'm wanting to run a conventional ignition with stator, cdi and coil. No pvl stuff. Just looking for what works best performance wise and has good tuneability. I always ran I dyna fs cdi years ago but just looking for some outside input.

Thanks, nick

I think a benefit of MSD would be that you can (I believe) set the timing for each side. On the bigger stroke motors, it's likely that the crank isn't 100% in phase. Other than that it's not much different than a programmable dyna. Just my thoughts. I've never ran MSD.

Full msd needs battery and does not charge correct?is it the dyna cdi or coil that has a bad rap? i think for dunes stock or pvl is your only choice without being tied to a battery. Any one run the programable pvl?

Edited by m671054

Which MSD are you asking about? The MC-4 has lots of features including being able to pull or add timing at your control which is nice for kick starting some of the big motors, but lets all be realistic, they are a pita! On most bikes the headache isn't worth the POSSIBLE reward!