nitro methane

jayhawkatv

Anyone ever dibble dabble in nitro as an additive to their meth to gain a bit? If so how safe is it? On a www.trx250r.org  site someone posted a thread on sharing basic info on it. I'm interested in trying it if it wont detonate my motor. Some say you can add 10% safely. Any thoughts on this. Thanks

Nasty shit..better know what you are doing! You making this topic makes me think you dont..find someone who is knowledgeable about it or your gonna ruin your shit most likely... when i was in the grudge motorcycle racing there was some guys using it on all motor bikes making CRAZY power!!

No I don't know what I'm doing, hence the reason I started this thread. Nor do I know or ever met anyone that ran it. That could be a clue but I like to push my luck. What other additive made can push the envelope a little more beside nitrous? I want all motor no spray. Its a dune bike primarily.

Go ahead and push your luck with nitro..lmao  thought about mixing with my grudge bike but never did because of all the bs involved to run enough of it to get gains..small amounts added wont impress nobody and when u start mixing enough to feel/make a diffrence your probably gonna melt your motor into a wad of aluminum, the shit is no joke and is for very intelligent people with deep pockets! but by all means go get you some nitro and post your gains.... 

#1 forget about running it if its a dune bike..drag bike MAYBE

#2 You gotta flush the fuel system..and it would probably ruin a 2 stroke bottom end bearings if rode for very long (why i said maybe in a drag bike)  

#3 you  need to mix it by weight, very sensitive to tempature changes..you will need a hyrdometer to measure and mix it consistently 

#4 Pour a lil bit on the ground and whack with a hammer  

#5 Nitro doesnt mix with gas they seperate..needs to be mixed with alcohol or methanol..your gonna need new carbs

#6 FORGET ABOUT RUNNING IT

nothing will happen by pouring it out and wacking it with a hammer....

some people say they have gotten to 40 percent although i never had that luck

mixing it 5-10 percent youll notice a gain but will also notice plugs started to be melted and cracking porcelein on the plugs

play with some timing, add fuel, buy an extra piston or two and have some fun!!!!

you have to purge your fuel system being on alky period so adding a bit of nitro doesnt add an extra hassel, your already having to do it if you run alky...

its not easy stuff to get "right" but even not right you can notice a difference....

theres many different ways people have tried this stuff, some work better than others but it can be done...its just a trial and error thing, if you dont mind maybe having to change a piston or two, or maybe having to clean up a dome...then have some fun and play around with it