BIGGEST cc? for riding not drag only?

I'm curious as to how big of motors some guys are riding, I know drag guys are huge cc & multi cylinder etc. I'm talking about huge twin cylinders for general riding, how big of motors are guys finding reliable. I know some ones thinking cost etc, billet cases and all the $ associated with these kinds of setups. I'm fine with the cost to build & operate something huge x large. Just so long as its reliable, Rideable is up to the individual.

520cc 10mm supercub is the biggest ive actually seen being ridden in the dunes. he rode it all over the dunes. it wasn't a "drag" bike more of a extreme duner type build, had a lock up but not a override, extended a arms, +6 swing arm nice shocks etc. I know its not huge but it isn't a small motor either. I don't know about reliability or build cost.

Two years ago I was asking around the same thing and thought there was no way anything with over 4mm stroke would live. However since then, I have seen tons of 10 mil motors that get ridden hard in the dunes and coal hills. Even a few nuts riding big 10 mil motors in the trails. Louie at twister has a ton of 64mm stroke X 75mm bore motors in the north west and most of them are duners/trail bikes. That's pretty friggin big.

Im running a 10cub(465). That motor was in my hill climb bike. Didnt really have that much time on the motor before i decided to start building a drag chassis but anyway that motor never gave me any troubles for the time i had it on the hills. LMS1977 was running a 10serval 465. He beat the piss out of that motor on our hills for almost 3yrs with zero problems. Pabansheematt on here is running a 492 cheetah since like 2006. He has had some troubles with that but reconfigured the domes and it seems to be trouble free as of late. Hell, bluebanshee98 on here trail rides his dm611. Lol! As long as the motor is happy, and you can keep it cool. Your good to go

Was there a problem with 10mil and larger bikes last years ago? Was it a quality issue on the cranks or what? I do remember 4mil being big for a trail bike about 5 years ago. No one did a 10mil unless drag racing a certain glass around my area.

My plan for the winter is to build a 4mill 75mm bore Twister for all around riding... Keep the compression low, and the port times conservative, and it should stay together for a long time... This build should put me around 512cc total.

Im running a 10cub(465). That motor was in my hill climb bike. Didnt really have that much time on the motor before i decided to start building a drag chassis but anyway that motor never gave me any troubles for the time i had it on the hills. LMS1977 was running a 10serval 465. He beat the piss out of that motor on our hills for almost 3yrs with zero problems. Pabansheematt on here is running a 492 cheetah since like 2006. He has had some troubles with that but reconfigured the domes and it seems to be trouble free as of late. Hell, bluebanshee98 on here trail rides his dm611. Lol! As long as the motor is happy, and you can keep it cool. Your good to go

^^^ truth

this season i ran a 10mm serval on race gas and let me tell ya i wouldnt run anything smaller it is fucking awesome in the trails and hillclimbing pretty much same exact motor as LMS1977 it is a handfull of power and there is no hill that im scared to shoot lol

I miss that motor :( If I were to do it again that would be the motor I would build