The best setup for running the 1/4 mile on a banshee OPINIONS!

Hazzard Racing Customs

Give em hell Wes.

Personally I would like to start 1/8 miles runs. Now that I have my Wyatt Kirk 421 combo , my stock frame would work well for a 1/8 mile bike.

Best of both :clap:

Troy

*** On a side note***

Had a great season this summer. Three trophies on the mantle.  Yeah baby 

Edited by troyzstang

yea i was 100% rigid frame and with out a good front alignment mine was scarey on the big end when i let out it started darting back and forth..

Wes aint no dummy...im sure he will have safety if he has top dollar parts and aint a cut and welded at the muffler shop type setup like i have seen before at my local track ...

that 20mill should haul the mail,,it should make big ass numbers on alky

Edited by quadgod211

i know there has been sleds going 9's for years....if a 250hp rice rocket could do it then a big hopper triple or a 20mill dmx or carical on alky/nitro should be close to that....

might not be but a 1pass wonder but there is guys out there that just need that 1 pass to satisfy there self...it would be nice but i would be tickled with a solid 10 pass...lol

To start I'd say the most important areas to work on would be a correctly setup chassis with plenty of caster and fuel managment.

yea i was 100% rigid frame and with out a good front alignment mine was scarey on the big end when i let out it started darting back and forth..

Wes aint no dummy...im sure he will have safety if he has top dollar parts and aint a cut and welded at the muffler shop type setup like i have seen before at my local track ...

that 20mill should haul the mail,,it should make big ass numbers on alky

Sometimes it's not about throwing money at something or someone thinking they are smart.

Qaudgod hit the darting back & forth. He could have had a perfect alignment, but without the right amount of caster it will be darty. Pretty sure he was only running 1/8 mile, that problem gets amplified with more mph.

Is it an actual banshee based motor? Or are you talking some busa turbo contraption?

I was trying to find the information on it, but it's not a priority. It's was a 2 cyl. 2 stroke on alky/nitrous in the 600cc-700cc range. Dirt wheels did an article on it when it was running 9.20s before it broke into the 8.70s.

B4 shees all my experience stems from street bikes,drag radial class cars to do any kind of 1/4 mile racing you need a few things to see improvement,with that big motor comes big dollar tranny that will hold up(6 speed),launch limiter for consistent launches/clutch tuning,rpm gauge and IMO egt would be nice to start out on new set-up .good fuel and patience .only work one area at a time do baseline jetting first.do 60 ft launches first till you get your clutch tuned to best time .then start to stretch it down the track,how you get off the line the first 60 will determine a lot down the track gearing,fuel,mph don't worry about cutting a light at first and like I said one adjustment at a time

i figured the mph would be way lower then a car. My old camaro witch was a heavy street car would run 11.5's at 122 with shitty 60fts.

My truck runs 11.4's at 119ish. But the gearing, driver and a lot of factors have a lot left on the table. I'm told im all 60' but i dont understand what that means lol. but anyways...back on topic

IMO a banshee e/t's better for it's mph is because the gearing, clutch transmission is way more efficient at what is does. Especially the guys who cut 1.3 and lower off the line.