The best setup for running the 1/4 mile on a banshee OPINIONS!

Hazzard Racing Customs

Menz's 421 Cub. Estimated by me. 0.37 hp/lb. he thinks it'll go 3.4s in 300 ft and I think that hp to weight is why he thinks that.

Sorry it's off topic of 1/4 mile racing.

I'm sure the power to weight ratio is a big factor, but I'm sure that's not the only one he's focusing on. After having some conversations with him, he's well ahead of the vast majority in clutch tuning department also.

All he tunes IS clutch. No carb tuning, no tire pressure change, no tire paddle or rollout change, no gearing change. I think he could try some different things before always going to the clutch on dirt tracks where it's different from pass to pass, but I can't question his methods really.

All he tunes IS clutch. No carb tuning, no tire pressure change, no tire paddle or rollout change, no gearing change. I think he could try some different things before always going to the clutch on dirt tracks where it's different from pass to pass, but I can't question his methods really.

He seems to be well ahead in all tuning categories. LOL!

We don't tune our clutch from pass to pass on the hill, 300' or asphalt.

• Like 1

While we're talking about hp to weight. I can give examples of mine.

Scimitar 0.36 hp per lb.

650 cc bike (estimated by me not dynoed). 0.34 hp/ lb

10 Mil Cub 0.28 hp/ lb

4 Mil Cub 0.26 hp/ lb

Menz's 421 Cub. Estimated by me. 0.37 hp/lb. he thinks it'll go 3.4s in 300 ft and I think that hp to weight is why he thinks that.

Sorry it's off topic of 1/4 mile racing.

its all good man any drag racing info is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where can i go to get my chassis on the scale at? or is there a good way to do it at home for a rough idea just do i know what im working with my chassis is all chromoly and is +10 out the front and i have a ladder style chromoly +12 swinger and chromoly +3 forward arms with honda style spindles (way more heavy duty ) what do u think of this setup TO long?

its all good man any drag racing info is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where can i go to get my chassis on the scale at? or is there a good way to do it at home for a rough idea just do i know what im working with my chassis is all chromoly and is +10 out the front and i have a ladder style chromoly +12 swinger and chromoly +3 forward arms with honda style spindles (way more heavy duty ) what do u think of this setup TO long?

My suggestion is to talk to the track owner/manager 1st before building anything. Most, but not all sanctioned tracks will require a stock frame. Last I knew IHRA even had written into their rules requiring nerf bars. Outlaw tracks seem to let about anything run. 

Before we go to any new track, we always call first. A good many don't even welcome you to run & some have limitations on when you can run.

i never tried 1000ft but in 660 i ran a 5.93 on a 421 cub on alky with sensually my 300ft drag setup...just added 22in american racers and went to a 17/38...i didnt have a 6th gear in that tranny it was a 1-5 override...had to install a fuel pump as well...i ran 6.10 -6-20 et and i tried taking everyother spring outta my clutch and it made 2 passes in the 5's i think around 120mph

full rigid frame with wheelie bar...i think im lucky i didnt burn the bike down becuase i never went the much distance wide open

good info fella's appreciated my home track is a outlaw track but i would wanna run other places if i got the bike dialed in right i took a 421 stock bike there with my fatherin law and ran it on a test and tune night there pretty easy going down there but in a shoot out or real race im not sure i will call and find out

1/4 is one of the hardest things I have ever tried on a shee,it took me a full year to drop a second off my et and a ill longer to get the last couple tents off,plus by me the track is crowded lucky if you get 3 -4 passes in a bike eliminator ,not much time to adjust anything.by me they say stock chassis in the rules but IMO the tech guys wouldn't know the diffrence

its nice by me i could run and come off the track and run again probably all day during the week its great so shouldnt be a issue getting the bike dialed in i should be able to make atleast 20 -30 runs a day if need be during the week