Plug chop

peak-j

Ok, i did a plug chop and here is what i got. Toomey 2-1 air filter no box, i was told just the reed petals were changed out. Everything else on the engine is completely stock down to the pipes, carbs synced. Warmed up to temp, put new plugs in, ran it full throttle up to 6th gear for about 5 seconds and ran out of room. Clutched it, killed engine, removed plugs and put old ones back in. Has 240 mains right now, 3rd clip. Let me know what you think. ThanksPosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

You're pretty lean.

This is what you want. The ring is actually shade darker than the picture looks. Don't pay any attention to the yellow tint. Thats an oxygenated fuel characteristic. 

Keep in mind that plug chops (done correctly) focus on the main circuit.  

Plug chop (Small).jpg

I went ahead and ordered 250-300 mains. Im slowly gonna add things to it so that way i will have them. Thanks for the quick responses, i will try 260's and do another plug chop!

2ejyvase.jpgOk, heres the 260's, getting a weird looking pattern on the side! Still not getting the fine line towards the bottom. Any ideas as to why its making this marking on the side? Thanks for any help guys!

Edited by peak-j

After you put a FRESH set of plugs in, are you driving any distance before you start you WOT run? I usually get heat in the motor, then drop a fresh set of plugs in the bike while im at the "starting line" of the run. After the WOT run i then put the old plugs back in to get back to the garage.

I warm it up good on the old plugs, go to a starting point. Put new ones in, fire it up, go full throttle through all 6 gears, pull clutch in, kill it, put old plugs back in and drive back to the shop! I do the same as i did with my old banshee, but on it i always got that nice ring around the bottom like the other guy posted.

If its any help mine had stock crank/pistons,dmc 916s,noss head 19cc domes,uni with closed airbox,stock timing... on 290 mains it ran like a scalded dog!!!!...till it flipped down the hard road..... it would power wheelie in 5th with a lil body english