engine builders in nc?

USMC53

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows of a reputable banshee engine builder in eastern north carolina?

I'd really prefer not to ship my motor to have it built. Thanks!

How far are you from busco? I could proboby do it.. i go down there pretty often

There arent any site sponsors in nc that i am aware of.

Im about 80 miles from busco, I go there all the time. johnnyboy says he can do it thats why he pm'd me if somthing doesnt work out there I will get up with you surfrjag. BTW I was at busco last weekend and caught a 15.5 inch largemouth and 3 lb cat dont remember his length bring your poles!

Yeah I offered to build it for him. Telling up front that I would use a site sponser for the port/head work. Im not a sponser or a labeled "builder" but offered through a pm to avoid being blasted lol. Anyhow im up for it. I know my way around these engines like the back of my hand. in the future im looking to make up some of my own dyno tested port maps, buy a new boring bar and vertical laythe. Start going into these builds much deeper. These machines will also help out the small engine repair shop we own and operate

Yeah I offered to build it for him. Telling up front that I would use a site sponser for the port/head work. Im not a sponser or a labeled "builder" but offered through a pm to avoid being blasted lol. Anyhow im up for it. I know my way around these engines like the back of my hand. in the future im looking to make up some of my own dyno tested port maps, buy a new boring bar and vertical laythe. Start going into these builds much deeper. These machines will also help out the small engine repair shop we own and operate

Just make a jig to mount the cylinder on a regular lathe. Use a faceplate to hold the jig, easy swap from your 3/6 jaw or 4 jaw to boring your cylinder....

I bored my own cylinders when I lived in california, took them to an automotive machine shop for the hone, I wasn't comfortable with getting the cross hatch just right by hand with a drill. Watched and learned. Next time I will do it myself.

Not dogging you, but from what ive gathered from some of your posts, you really don't " know these engines like the back of your hand" like you said above....and that's fine,,everybody starts somewhere, i understand that.  I say that because some of your previous posts of "port work" were simply Race Logic template copies. ..and thats fine too. But to make it sound like you " know these engines like that back of your hand"  is giving people like the O.P. a distorted view of your engine building expertise and skill .  Besides that here's the kicker:

What Ive gathered this go around, is that the OP is paying for you to have a site sponsor do the port & head mods, then you get to see and copy their work and start your own little side thing, eh?  Seems kind of funky to me. But whatever, its between you and your "customer" the OP. 

In all fairness many a shop has stole ideas from other shops by buying some of their product and copying ,,i realize that. I just made this post so that if a future member comes on here looking for engine work,maybe they'll find this post and deal direct with a site sponsor instead of take up an "offer" from a guy who's trying to learn on their dime.

• Like 1

Not dogging you, but from what ive gathered from some of your posts, you really don't " know these engines like the back of your hand" like you said above....and that's fine,,everybody starts somewhere, i understand that. I say that because some of your previous posts of "port work" were simply Race Logic template copies. ..and thats fine too. But to make it sound like you " know these engines like that back of your hand" is giving people like the O.P. a distorted view of your engine building expertise and skill . Besides that here's the kicker:

What Ive gathered this go around, is that the OP is paying for you to have a site sponsor do the port & head mods, then you get to see and copy their work and start your own little side thing, eh? Seems kind of funky to me. But whatever, its between you and your "customer" the OP.

In all fairness many a shop has stole ideas from other shops by buying some of their product and copying ,,i realize that. I just made this post so that if a future member comes on here looking for engine work,maybe they'll find this post and deal direct with a site sponsor instead of take up an "offer" from a guy who's trying to learn on their dime.

I'm not trying to copy anyone's port work so no need to even go down that road. Im sure builders here have enough "tracers" to their templates as it is and from a builders standpoint, nothing ventured nothing gained. Copying someone elses work would do no good in the quest for what id be wanting to achieve. Ever willing to learn and with a good understanding of two stoke engine operation and theory, stooping to the level of tracing someone elseelse's work is outside of my moral. I wouldn't want someone doing the same to me so with that respect whether u will believe what I say or not, u won't find me with copys or templates of a builders port work - just sayin. I have no dyno results to stand behind what I do with my port templates. I based a "trail port" of my own by that of a race logic template a budy of mine has used.in the past as.well as i have. A degree tool should show the differences between mine and theirs so that's out as well. Anyways I just sugguested I be the one to go through the hassel of shipping and recieving his parts, we use a reputable site sponser, get reputable results and a solid build. He sends me one piece, I send him one piece back - easy bolt in installation and he's done - life is just a little simpler that way. My ability to "assemble" these engines since I'm not a "builder" will speak for its own. A little criticism won't hurt me, if my customer is happy in the end, I will be too. Plus its not like he'll be shipping it halfway accross the country, if he really wanted to come find me it wouldn't take but a few hours driving. Bottom line, I'm here to help. Thats all I offered most of all.

I'm not trying to copy anyone's port work so no need to even go down that road. Im sure builders here have enough "tracers" to their templates as it is and from a builders standpoint, nothing ventured nothing gained. Copying someone elses work would do no good in the quest for what id be wanting to achieve. Ever willing to learn and with a good understanding of two stoke engine operation and theory, stooping to the level of tracing someone elseelse's work is outside of my moral. I wouldn't want someone doing the same to me so with that respect whether u will believe what I say or not, u won't find me with copys or templates of a builders port work - just sayin. I have no dyno results to stand behind what I do with my port templates. I based a "trail port" of my own by that of a race logic template a budy of mine has used.in the past as.well as i have. A degree tool should show the differences between mine and theirs so that's out as well. Anyways I just sugguested I be the one to go through the hassel of shipping and recieving his parts, we use a reputable site sponser, get reputable results and a solid build. He sends me one piece, I send him one piece back - easy bolt in installation and he's done - life is just a little simpler that way. My ability to "assemble" these engines since I'm not a "builder" will speak for its own. A little criticism won't hurt me, if my customer is happy in the end, I will be too. Plus its not like he'll be shipping it halfway accross the country, if he really wanted to come find me it wouldn't take but a few hours driving. Bottom line, I'm here to help. Thats all I offered most of all.

Makes no sense^

Why should he ship to you, then you get everything from someone else ( more shipping) then you assemble and ship back to him? All the engine builders on here would take his engine,completely tear it down,upgrade whatever he wants , and some would even dyno tune it,then ship him back a complete running motor.  I don't see where you fit in , in that scenario.  See, now,if something goes bad,who pick up the tab? You? The builder who sent the parts? See where your customer ( as you put call him) is getting less for their money? 

And i find it VERY convenient that you are & have been doing port-work,and then you conveniently pop up to "help" a "customer" by being the middle man when he wants some engine work done. What a convenient & economical way to get your hands on something other than a race logic template.

If that's how you want to go bout it,that's fine, i really don't care, I'm just trying to help out future new guys to go about dealing with reputable shops ,,the right way. No middle-men. There's no need for it.