engine builders in nc?

USMC53

Makes no sense^

Why should he ship to you, then you get everything from someone else ( more shipping) then you assemble and ship back to him? All the engine builders on here would take his engine,completely tear it down,upgrade whatever he wants , and some would evendyno tune it,then ship him back a complete running motor. I don't see where you fit in , in that scenario. See, now,if something goes bad,who pick up the tab? You? The builder who sent the parts? See where your customer ( as you put call him) is getting less for their money?

And i find it VERY convenient that you are & have been doing port-work,and then you conveniently pop up to "help" a "customer" by being the middle man when he wants some engine work done. What a convenient & economical way to get your hands on something other than a race logic template.

If that's how you want to go bout it,that's fine, i really don't care, I'm just trying to help out future new guys to go about dealing with reputable shops ,,the right way. No middle-men. There's no need for it.

All in personal prefference, if he wants a "middle man" then so be it. I didn't sugar coat anything, I stated what I could do for him, how we could do the build and if that makes him happy then so be it. I hear where ur coming from about tracers and theives of other folks port work but again ur barking up the wrong tree with me. If I wanted to get.my hands on someone elses work well that's easy enough just like in this situation - but copying someone else's design is going to get me nowhere - now coming up with something completely on my own and being different? That'd be quite nice to stand behind. I also know what ur saying about going directly to a site sponser and you would be right, but if it doesn't fit his budget or if he just would rather do this a bit more local - thats his decision. In the end we are all different and will do different things. Posting a "warning" to a situation that hasn't even had an issue yet just seems a little premature for now. Something goes wrong then you get to say "I told you so", until then I'm up for this no problem. I'm confident enough in my work to stand behind what I do.

All in personal prefference, if he wants a "middle man" then so be it. I didn't sugar coat anything, I stated what I could do for him, how we could do the build and if that makes him happy then so be it. I hear where ur coming from about tracers and theives of other folks port work but again ur barking up the wrong tree with me. If I wanted to get.my hands on someone elses work well that's easy enough just like in this situation - but copying someone else's design is going to get me nowhere - now coming up with something completely on my own and being different? That'd be quite nice to stand behind. I also know what ur saying about going directly to a site sponser and you would be right, but if it doesn't fit his budget or if he just would rather do this a bit more local - thats his decision. In the end we are all different and will do different things. Posting a "warning" to a situation that hasn't even had an issue yet just seems a little premature for now. Something goes wrong then you get to say "I told you so", until then I'm up for this no problem. I'm confident enough in my work to stand behind what I do.

You know  and i know whats going on,so whatever.

I refer you to this post ,where you are looking for testers for your port work? Dyno time, whatever? >

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=169368&hl=

1. You say copying someone else work will get you nowhere?...so you are on par with other top builders?

2. You saved "your" customer money? How again? The builder you are using ( who again?) can do everything you are doing ( assembly basically) and the customer wouldn't be spend extra money on shipping to you,then FROM you back to him... again, makes no sense. >Middle - men cost money.

3. I doubt if or when things go south,you'll be the 1st on here to say it. And honestly , if i was the "customer" having you do it , i doubt i would either.

4. It is what it is, and the post has been made. Hopefully it all works out and the customer gets what they want. And hopefully the " warning" as you call it helps someone later on deal with a "builder" who isnt still in the learning phases..but will instead just go straight to the source of the work. That way they can get the support they need.