E85.

milto29

Hello fellow Banshee riders.

Lately theres been more E85 gas station being produced around my area. I was wondering if it will be worth it to run E85 and what will be needed to change in order to run E85. I always run AVGas @ $5:50. E85 @ $3:15.

lil more power capable but youll burn twice as much fuel. with either 85 or alky ya have to purge. also have to get your carbs set up for it

Ok thanks. I'll be staying on gas for now. I'll probably pick up some C12 and try that out. Have you ever tried it ? I just want try out different gas or fuel. I tried the other day some oxygenated gas. And wow that woke my bike up nice.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Ok thanks. I'll be staying on gas for now. I'll probably pick up some C12 and try that out. Have you ever tried it ? I just want try out different gas or fuel. I tried the other day some oxygenated gas. And wow that woke my bike up nice.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

I didn't really check out what mods you have, but If you aren't running high compression, you really wont benefit from C12. You'll actually lose power when a high octane fuel is used in an application that does actually NEED the higher octane rating. Google " Do I need race fuel" or "high octane fuel" it'll explain it. I guess its safer if you run higher octane fuel as you are protecting it from pre-detonation, but if your looking for max power, the lowest octane fuel that you can safely run without knocking will provide the most power. I'm not an expert by any means but have been told this many times by forums member and friends who have way more experience than I do. Just trying to save you money. I buy a gallon of Turbo Blue 110 octane and mix it with 5 gallons of 93 pump gas

to give it a little octane boost.

• Like 1

The other problem is that E85 isn't real constant blend. Some time it could be 75% Ethanol 25% gasoline. The next time it might be 90% ethanol 10% gasoline. The change in % will affect the jetting.

Thats why I'm running the AVGas its always consistent.