Leading the pack with my Banshee

When I got back into atv'ing five years ago we started small. I met a couple of cool guys that immediately were hooked on riding. I had a 84 200X, 78 and 83 Honda 110 ATC's that I hopped up. I took my friend to NE Wisconsin to go fishing and camping and we threw the 3 ATC's on top of the boat. When I took them out they said to me "Fuck fishing! We want to do this".

I sell all the ATC's and pick up a blaster. Another friend blows it up. I dropped around 7K on it and it screamed pretty good and I could still lead the pack with another modded blaster, timberwolf and my Kodiak 400 that one friend borrowed. So the kodiak and the timberwolf rider upgraded to some yfz450's and the blaster turned into DS650. My little blaster still could out run them on the tight trails. But as soon the road opened up, forget about it. It topped out at 60. Then I soon realized that I need something bigger and faster. I started searching for a banshee. I had always wanted one but never perused it. I found an 87 a hour away for $1000. I thought "Great" I'll pick this up and fix some problems and get out on the next trip. Wrong! After it came home and I started picking at it. The list grew and grew and grew. So after 1 1/2 years and over 9K on it now it finally leads the pack again! We had 10 riders this last trip. 3 Raptor 660's and 1 350(girl rider). 2 yfz450's, arctic cat 650 tank. and a crappy polaris 400. The raptors topped out and I shifted to 6th. It was awesome. My bike topped out at 75 on pavement and I got up to 73 on hard dirt. 66 in soft sand. I know some of you think thats still slow. But its fast enough for me. I don't want more power. I go through 3 times as much fuel then the other quads. So thanks to this site for the great input and parts that I recieve I now have a machine that no one can catch, for now that is.

that`s awesome man thanks for sharing, "Fuck fishing! We want to do this" i lolled, that should be on a t-shirt :rotflmao:

Great story and nice bike.

I think you would better benefit from a better motor set up. Perhaps a little 4mil or 10mil and a play port from a good builder. A high strung dune/drag port with some crap FMF's probably leaves some performance to be desired. Although, adding more power may hurt traction on trails. But a nice and smooth hitting stroked set up would be nice. Getting rid of the extended swing arm will aid handling as well.

I think you would better benefit from a better motor set up. Perhaps a little 4mil or 10mil and a play port from a good builder. A high strung dune/drag port with some crap FMF's probably leaves some performance to be desired. Although, adding more power may hurt traction on trails. But a nice and smooth hitting stroked set up would be nice. Getting rid of the extended swing arm will aid handling as well.

I'm happy with its performance. I'm already throwing up a wall of dirt onto who ever is behind me. As for the swing arm. Yeah, I like have all 4 tires on the ground. Not a wheelie fan.

• Like 2

You guys ever ride in NW WI?

Rode most of NE Wisconsin. Haven't made it over to that part of the state. Our next new destination will probably be Big Bay upper Michigan. I've been hearing about it for a couple different ppl that its great riding. Plan on memorial day weekend next year.

I have to run crap FMF's. Its the only muff that is legal in my state.