Time For A New Top End, also time for Port and Polish?

Hey guys I recently fried my stock top end.. melted both pistons while pinned in 6th gear in the sand after advancing timing 4 degrees.. I didn't realize that the Yamaha stealership rejetted my mains from 320 to 300 without telling me and this was most likely the cause for running too lean.  I've removed my pistons and cylinders and am now trying to decide where to send them in for top end rebuild and possibly a dune port and polish job.  

I mostly ride dunes and dune trails at sea level in 60 to 80 degree weather.

My performance mods are FMF Fatties + Silencers, Air box completely removed, K&N Pod filters, Chariot racing adjustable timing plate set to +4, Chariot cool head with 21cc Domes, Stock carbs with TORS removed, running 92 octane at 40:1 ratio.

Ideally I want to be able to still run pump gas.. it sucks that around here 92 is pretty much the highest octane I can ever find without having to buy a can of VP race fuel. 

Suggestions on what would be the best bang for the buck in my situation? I'm not trying to build a drag bike, just want a fast and most importantly RELIABLE duner that will smoke all my buddies on their whack ass 4 strokes

Thanks for the tips and suggestions in advance, this will be my first top end rebuild!  appreciate it!

I want to send my juggs in to a place that can Bore and hone the cylinders, fit the pistons, and port and polish all in one shipment.. I was thinking of calling Herrs since they offer a 300 top end rebuild with purchase of Port & Polish.. looking like its going to run me around 600... will any other place beat this price??

Don't go somewhere just based on price. Call a few of the sponsors and see who you like. Brandon @ wildcard, cam @ redline, Kim @ K&T are the ones I'd call.

Jeff at F.A.S.T., his bikes are quick as hell!

He charges that 300 to do the top end rebuild? But aren't you only sending your cylinders not the whole motor?

Yes, because he sends you new pistons/rings etc..........

Why would he need the whole motor to size up pistons?

I want to send my juggs in to a place that can Bore and hone the cylinders, fit the pistons, and port and polish all in one shipment.. I was thinking of calling Herrs since they offer a 300 top end rebuild with purchase of Port & Polish.. looking like its going to run me around 600... will any other place beat this price??

FFS.....

so yamaha dealership tuned your bike THEN you put an adjustable plate on and took it to the dunes?

Yeah it was my fault but I thought I was still at 320 mains not 300.. probably would have made the difference.. I should have done a plug chop before doing what I did but its all good just means it's time to upgrade!

its usually about $300 dollars to do a top end rebuild with quality parts no matter the other work.

My vote is to go through jeff at FAST.....he is the guy that I have do my work.  Im currently running a FAST dune/play port with fmf fatties, +4timing, vf2's, 20cc domes, k&n pods, and am still running on 93 pump.  Bike pulls HARD mid throttle....