My Experience at Illinois Powersports

I spent the day at Illinois Powersports. The results were impressive. My bog and flutter are gone. The transition into the powerband is way smoother. I ended up at with 58-59 rear wheel HP. 9500 rpm peak. 91mph on 18" tires. The most interesting thing to see was how much the air mixture screw made a difference through the whole rpm range. I learned alot today. I had 3 issues with my setup that I wasn't even aware of. Jay caught them right away and resolved every issue with some custom milling and ingenuity. My Banshee is finally ready for the guys ATV trip this weekend up to Florence WI. My home town. 250 miles of groomed pristine trails. There is a stock YFZ 450 and 450R, stock Raptor 660, stock banshee,  Modded DS650 and my modded Blaster. The Raptor couldn't keep up to my modded blaster on tight trails. So I know that the Raptor doesn't even come close the Banshee. I have already walked the DS650 in a drag. No one is passing me anymore!

The left side carb needle and seat leaked after a moose rebuild kit and then a dealer needle and seat, still leaked. Jay cut the seat with a special tool and it cured it. The float was slightly off on the RH carb. Probably from all the times I had it out rejetting it. When he got it on the dyno and started pulling he could tell that there was something up with the clutch. I pulled the cover. The pancake bearing was to long and hitting the cover. He machined it and found a shorter screw and took care of that issues. He also made an adapter to extend the cable adjuster by the handle.

WOW! All you guys are so busy trying to be the smartest . He had a great experience at the dyno. The bike ran WAY better after he had it worked on and Jay machined parts for him to solve problems that were proving frustrating. 

Now instead of being interested in his good experience, your all trying to do a diagnostic on a MPH statement........(Save your wrath for the GPS speed braggers.) LOL 

#1- You all know the true height of a tire is almost never what is printed on the sidewall. (I have some knobbies marked 20" and they are almost 22" tall) That's why you measure the R.O. (It was 59 1/2 on the dyno tires.)

#2 - He said his "peak" power was at 9500. (That doesn't mean the motor didn't pull to 10600 in full over rev.) So as the motor continued to rev...it gained in speed even thought the power was dropping off. (With him running a 16-40 gear combo)

#3 - The tires are RAZR TT tires and the R.O. is measured and air pressure adjusted to make them identical in the R.O. Once the motor is pulling strong and the tires are spinning that fast, not only to they grow slightly but the bike also wants to power wheelie and fight the tie down straps.

He came to the dyno wanting to get dialed in for his big trip. Good thing he did because he wouldn't have made a 1/2 days ride with the issues it had. Spending time on the dyno and gaining the knowledge he did from Jay was well worth the time as he clearly stated.

That is way better than burning down a motor when your trying to have a good time.

As he said - "Results were impressive"...."Learned a lot"...."Found 3 issues he wasn't even aware of"...."Resolved every issue"...."No more passing me any more"

The results were all positive. The dyno results were correct. He's not on here bragging about making crazy high numbers......He's making 58-59 HP with his own porting and now that the bike is dialed in on the tune, he's happy. (Have fun on your trip and enjoy!)

• Like 1