Running leaded fuels?

I guess one would think it would help (a little) with ring life?  I mean when they stopped using it in cars, they had to start putting hardened valve seats in engines because without the lead to lubricate them they would pit up and not seal eventually.  Maybe???  

• Like 1

What's the opinions out there about running higher octane leaded fuel in these 2 strokes? If Better or worse, why? Thanks in advance guys

We've ran different octane leaded fuels & a two different brands. Plus, we have ran alky also & can provide a comparison to both. We have used them for 1/4 mile asphalt, hill shooting & 300' drags. IMO, you need to be a little more specific with your questions.

If you have higher compression and/or advanced timing you will need the higher octane to combat detonation. Also fuels like VP and trick are performance enhancing but sunoco 110 doesn't increase performance. Yes leaded fuel will essentially be better for a motor because of its lubricating properties.

• Like 1

. chemicals make big boom, leaded not a bigger boom higher octane. Make sense or are you still scratch in your nuts???

No you stupid fucking idiot my point is you dont have a clue what in the hell you are talking about to say that vp 110 is performance enhancing but sunocco 110 is not.  And Trick fuel? give me a break.  Tricked Carbine gets where i was coming from.  the 110 s you are speaking of are not oxygenated or "performance enhancing" as you are eluding too.  They are needed when compression and timing dictate that they be used.  Now you can go continue to scratch your balls you moron

. chemicals make big boom, leaded not a bigger boom higher octane. Make sense or are you still scratch in your nuts???

Your a facking moron!

Kinda like when people just buy race fuel because they think it automatically makes a bigger boom. Not really the case. I remember having that argument with a friends dad at 16. My buddy bought a used truck and his dad told him to put premium in it to "clean it out". I explained that the truck was fine on regular and I used the race fuel analogy to try to make sense and he wouldn't budge. To this day he runs race fuel in his bone stock honda 450 dirt bike and always wonders why it is a bitch to start and never rev out.

Long story short. Let the motor dictate the fuel you run.