New Banshee, couple quick questions

Hey guys, just got a new to me banshee. Its a 2002. Performance wise all it has is fmf sst pipes and a uni air filter. The guy I got it from has had it for 5 years and didn't ride it much and I'm not sure how well he took care of it. It has run in over 2 years, but I threw some gas in it and it started up after 4 kicks, so I guess that's a good sign. However, I am afraid to run it much more until I do some maintenance on it, been researching on the forums for a bit and so far my list is as follows:

1. change plugs (ngk br8es?)

2. flush radiator

3. change trans fluid (which brand would you recommend, I read it takes 10w-30 motor oil)

4. grease suspension

I am sure I am missing some things, so any suggestions would be great. I'm planning on taking it out with my buddy when he goes to an off-road park in May.

Thanks!

do not use normal motor oil u need wet clutch gear oil or 80w gear saver or automatic transmission fluid is probably the best if u use reg stuff u will burn out your clutch ...be sides that I would just cheek your break fluid flush it if needed. check your chain (clean and tighten if needed) flush radiator like you said. clean carbs.. clean air filter cheek tire pressure you want only 4 psi in each tire.. check all nuts and bolts tighten if loose and continue to use the same mixing oil and ratio as previous owner.

Ditto except don't remove the TORS unless you have the idle screw and tap readily available to install right away, otherwise it won't idle without you feathering the thumb throttle. Not a huge deal but a bit annoying.

I use Klotz Flex Drive in my transmission, it is designed for 2-stroke powered racing transmissions. Clean carbs, bleed brakes, clean and lube chain, mix your fuel at 32:1 for the first tank, change plugs (i use B8EGV no resistor, there are no TV's or radios in the woods! LOL) clean or replace airfilter, change coolant, put an in line fuel filter on it, there might be some junk in the tank. Last but not least check tire pressure...    You live in MI are you going to Bundy Hill, or The Mounds?

Ditto except don't remove the TORS unless you have the idle screw and tap readily available to install right away, otherwise it won't idle without you feathering the thumb throttle. Not a huge deal but a bit annoying.

Or you could just use some feeler gauges to set the slide height using the carb top adjusters......... But if you buy the kit it should all be there.

List:

- Dialectric grease on all electrical connections

- compression test

- build leak down tester and perform leak down

- nut and bolt everything!

- grease anything that moves (pull out bolts to grease items with no zerks)

- clean carbs properly

- fresh plugs

- fluids

You can use motor oil, really you can poor whatever the hell you want in your machine, but it's an investment and why skimp just to save a buck. Big companies spend millions every year to research petroleum lubrication and they developed motor oil and transmission oils to do different tasks. Any one who tells you to run motor oil to save money is nuts.