Raptor or banshee help!

Abdul

I am really new to the atv world what do you recommend me to start with , I will be buying a t5 pipes and a K&N air filter

need more info. what exactly do you wanna do with the bike? drag race only? hill climb? trails? what you can do will really depend on your budget. do yourself a favor , go big.... spend the extra coin and do things right the first time so your content for awhile with the engine. this is a very expensive sport and the addiction becomes even bigger. you will start doing mods and want more and more and more. hold off on the pipes and filter for now till you can figure out what your going to do and want out of the engine.

need more info. what exactly do you wanna do with the bike? drag race only? hill climb? trails? what you can do will really depend on your budget. do yourself a favor , go big.... spend the extra coin and do things right the first time so your content for awhile with the engine. this is a very expensive sport and the addiction becomes even bigger. you will start doing mods and want more and more and more. hold off on the pipes and filter for now till you can figure out what your going to do and want out of the engine.

I am mostly in the dunes

• 3 weeks later...

I can tell you this I have a shee and a 01 660 raptor and a 06 700 raptor. The 700 with the fuel injection is where its at my friend. I have one friend that so into 2 stroke that he didn't even want my 700 on his trailer. Lol his banshee broke down when were out riding. It took me about 2 hours to talk him into even setting on the quad. And he took it out for a ride. With bald tires. And when he got back he had changed his mind about the 700. I have talked with a lot of motorcycle mechanics and everyone of them say that the raptor 700 is bulletproof. Can't say the same for the 660 or the banshee. But you won't find power from the factory like that 700. That's what I think. Hope it helps.

My 660 has a high comp piston K&N lid and filter fmf power bomb header and fmf pipe its been jetted. More than enough power for what I like to do. It will move on pass the shee without a problem and I ride it like I stole it. Had it for 7 years and just broke 2 gear. And the 700 has a power commander on it with everything else stock and it will blow by my 660. Theirs no need for a dig dire kit its already fastser than the 660 and the shee. I wouldn't recommend the big cams and all that. Then your looking for it to blow up. I can rely on the 700 to not only be fast but also run every time I want it to. And the best part is their is no jetting to be done the quad figures it out for you. Lol I was in organ at the dunes riding and the 700 was the only quad out of the Pac that would start rite up without hesitation. Don't get me wrong everything can blow up. Just depends on how big of a time bomb you bold. I like to leave it as stock as I can for reliability. As long as your riding don't madder what you got.

My friend has a 700 raptor that's stroked with cams, its no joke, especially the torque curve, dyno'd at 64 to the wheels, its a fun ride, but a $400 port job with all bolt ons will hang with it. He won't say how much he spent, but 1800 for a cub setup sounded like pennies to him lol

• 4 weeks later...