10mm DMX Testing

SlowerThanYou

Here's the latest update with testing the new DMX motor. The motor is going into a 90" Black Label rigid chassis. The chassis is about 30 lbs. lighter than our stock frame. We will be running 84" RO 16 paddle 2 layer Kevlar staggered Rippers. This should make for some better times than our stock frame set-up.

That's a nice lookin chassis.  Black Label always had nice looking and running chassis!

You a crazy mofo running an 18DM in a stock chassis.  I know why you "wanted" to do it...but damn...

Feeling any better, you old fucker?  :rotflmao:

It works fairly well & they are built like tanks, but it's still lighter than our stock frame.

18DM? it's a 10DMX, or did I miss something?

I'm pretty sore, but looks like no surgery for now.

BTW, the chassis is borrowed from my adopted PR son. He will be riding it in the heads-up classes.

It works fairly well & they are built like tanks, but it's still lighter than our stock frame.

Well F me and call me Susan.  I swore i read 18DMX somewheres...

You running a 1.1 anything on sand/paddle tracks with an 10DMX is even more impressive.

I thought I read that somewhere...not sure though so don't quote me if you didn't/haven't yet.

We are pretty new to the 300' stuff. We took our well sorted out asphalt quad. Then went hill shooting & now we found ourselves 300' racing a few times (5). We have done very well at all 3 tracks we have ran at.

How many times you going to change your screen name? This is N2O2fast4you, then HoneyBooBoo & now196hptriplechin I think.

You are correct, the times are no fluke & have been repeated/improved. 

As for the tires being to big, that seems to be the consensus. We gave up a little 60', but we make it up down track.

We do a few other things that are not supposed to work, according to most.

I'm a little curious myself about the new motor clutch set-up. I'm not to worried about our theory in bigger motors. We have used the theory on a 18mm DMX & a 535 cheetah. The DMX put down high 1.1 60's & the 535 low 1.3 60's.

I'm good friends with 2 Puerto Ricans. They didn't like my set-up when we went to sand. Noel told me it would make for a great 4.50 quad. He quickly changed his mind on that 1st pass & thereafter.

Our new DMX, I'm sure will be more work in different areas than the old motor. I/we think we have a pretty good set-up mapped out for the 1st two outings. Will it work out, heck we don't know. Like I said I'll share some of the information good or bad.

Well F me and call me Susan.  I swore i read 18DMX somewheres...

You running a 1.1 anything on sand/paddle tracks with an 10DMX is even more impressive.

I thought I read that somewhere...not sure though so don't quote me if you didn't/haven't yet.

Dave, I was replying to n2toofast4you about me being hooked up with the PR's. The 18 DMX was in a titanium chassis & the 535 was in the black label that we are putting the 10DMX in.

Here's the latest update with testing the new DMX motor. The motor is going into a 90" Black Label rigid chassis. The chassis is about 30 lbs. lighter than our stock frame. We will be running 84" RO 16 paddle 2 layer Kevlar staggered Rippers. This should make for some better times than our stock frame set-up.

As you can see our racing plans have changed drastically. Now, we are set-up to run sand. We have to spend a good amount of $$$$ to find our way back to asphalt. We have managed to scrounge up some parts for asphalt.

The BAKO Drags are 4-7 Apr.& this will be the 1st true test of the new motor. The motor was built for the 576-650cc class & fits its class a little better than the old motor did in its class. 

We still are at a slight disadvantage by running race fuel in the limited head-up class (by our choice). This motor also needs around a 46mm carb, we have 41s, measured @ 40mm. At least we have a rigid chassis now to be even with the majority of the class.

We are still trying to work the logistics of taking it to Gilbert. If we can get this thing in the 3.7s at BAKO & feel like it will run 3.6s. We will probably make it to Gilbert.

I didn't know they made them that bore.

It's custom made by CP for K&T, I don't know if anyone else can get them. Our motor is patterned after their record setting motor for the 576-650 limited class. It has been changed a little for asphalt, but I still hope it performs well on sand.