Which would be best for me

I currently have a 7mil cub which puts me in a class by myself where i race at. The biggest bike is a 16 mil cheetah (pv blocked off). The rest of the local competition are modded 450s, two with nitrous, a drag raptor, and stock cylinder banshees that all want me to give them 10 bikes and take my wheelie bar off. 

So instead of downgrading so they can feel comfortable to race i would like to upgrade to compete with the 16mil. 

I would like to stay with 7mil bottom end and get a DM(583cc) which would put me in the same class with the 16mil (586cc). 

Which of these would have the advantage? Assuming chassis set up is the same.Both on alky. 

Is the only difference in the cylinders the bore? 

Are the setups pretty much equal? 

thanks in advance.

What reeds come on a 7mil dm cylinder 250r or cr 500?. I would think they probably have the smaller 250reeds which would be the same as the cheetah. You could run larger exh flanges so thats a plus. Also i would think the dm would produce slightly more power due to newer design and larger bore. Also since the stroke is shorter it would rev higher safely.what cc is a 4mill dmx? The reason i brought that up is because you would be nuts to spend the money for a dm and not rebuild your crank before assembly. With that said you might be better off to sell complete and build new. I would think a 4 dmx would be even better

Also have to take in consideration regardless your cases have to come apart to have case work done (bored, epoxy) as stated you will want the crank checked over, depending on carbs you may have to switch, need dm pipes, after adding everything up m67 is correct a better option would be to sell off your motor and start fresh.

Is your motor currently drag ported? What pipes, what carbs

Thus far I haven't heard any compelling reasons to build a DMX over a DM. I don't think the R&D is there yet for the DMX.

I'd go with at least a 10DM. That's the biggest I'd feel safe with in stock cases anyway. If you're going bigger than a 10 you might as well go 18 as there's little price difference in them.

current motor has 38mm pwk gas carbs and no drag port at the moment. just a clean up port. Sounds like i need to sell the whole bike to build a DM motor....lol. Think I may just have to port the cub and go alky and then have him set me out and see what happens. I talked to him yesterday and he said he is thinking about getting something smaller since no one can compete and he just loves to race so Im thinking save my money for another day and let him come down to my level. Thanks for the advice though. Makes me want to sale my Street/drag car to support my addiction.