DSR cranks any experience?

94BANSHEE

Hi guys

Anyone run these cranks and anyone have any issues etc?

Thinking about one of these or a Hot Rod for a 4 mil build.

Talking to Kevin and he says they are top notch. He knows his stuff and is an awesome vendor. Just dont see many topics on them when I searched

Thx

If Kevin says the're top notch then they must be. I've never heard of one but that means nothing.

:confused:

All these magical, mysterious, cranks that no one has a clue about. I would stick with real name brand Hot Rods crank. How much money are you going to save going no name vs Hot Rods? Then ask your self is saving that dollar amount worth having to possibly buy a new set of cases, another crank, cylinders, and pistons later on down the road if it fails.

All these magical, mysterious, cranks that no one has a clue about. I would stick with real name brand Hot Rods crank. How much money are you going to save going no name vs Hot Rods? Then ask your self is saving that dollar amount worth having to possibly buy a new set of cases, another crank, cylinders, and pistons later on down the road if it fails.

Exactly!

I dont get it. Everyone use to say that you just throw a crank away when it goes bad / needs rebuilt. It cost more to reubild it than to buy a new one. Now you have no name cranks being put together for cheaper than a new Hot Rods crank.

So why is it cheaper to BUY a NEW Hot Rods Crank vs. Rebuilding a Hot Rods Crank, vs. Assembling (rebuilding with all new parts) a no name brand crank that sells for cheaper than the first two options.

The expense to rebuild a crank was suposedly the LABOR, not the parts. So with these new cranks being assembled are the guys working for less money (labor) or are the parts just super inexpensive. The cash has to be saved some where.

Edited by jbooker82