Carb Sync.

87BRBanshee

Have your filters off the carbs so you can see your slides move. Adjust the bolt and jam but at the top of your carb caps and tap the throttle until they go up at the same time. I would suggest you buy the sync tool and get them perfect too but if you don't have the money just do it this way, you can usually get it pretty close.

Have your filters off the carbs so you can see your slides move. Adjust the bolt and jam but at the top of your carb caps and tap the throttle until they go up at the same time. I would suggest you buy the sync tool and get them perfect too but if you don't have the money just do it this way, you can usually get it pretty close.

so to syncronizing the carbs is just making so the slides go up at the same time?

For now you can take a bright flashlight and look/shine into the site glass on the sides of the carbs as you move the throttles to wide open its a small clear glass spot on the carbs you will see a white/ silver dot move into the site glass as the throttles get at or near wide open the site glass is on the left side of both of the carbs and if you sync them together it will be pretty dam close til you get the tool .

"87BRBanshee" My advice to you is get yourself the sych tool. It will make tunning your bike a lot easier, and will give you peace of mind knowing that the carbs are properly dialed in correctly. Here are some videos that will show you how convinient owning this tool really is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=8FDcsojwVxc&feature=endscreen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=IZEBfFZUygM&NR=1

Hope this helps.