iphone5

lms1977

So I've still got an old iPhone 3G with an unlimited data package. Dude at walliworld says I can get a new phone without changing my existing 5 yr old contract. Any info on that?

This old phone works ok but is just now getting to the point where some of the apps I have don't work. So ima have to step up to a new one. I like the way everything on it works but f'n hate iTunes. So who has suggestions on a replacement?

So I've still got an old iPhone 3G with an unlimited data package. Dude at walliworld says I can get a new phone without changing my existing 5 yr old contract. Any info on that?

This old phone works ok but is just now getting to the point where some of the apps I have don't work. So ima have to step up to a new one. I like the way everything on it works but f'n hate iTunes. So who has suggestions on a replacement?

I upgrade my iPhone every year and I'm still on the unlimited plan.

I dropped mine today, and shattered the front glass. Apple store has me on the schedule tomorrow to swap out my phone for a new 4s. I only have the ol' regular 4. $99 bucks, and they'll upgrade me to the 4s. My upgrade is due in December, so by then, you should have all of the mapping kinks worked out with the new one, and I'll get it then.

My wife's company pays for her phone, and she has Sprint. The service sucks more dick than ZillaFreak after two zimas, fyi. She was limited on which phones she could get that the company would pay for. She could get the Motorola Photon Q 4G, and the HTC EVO 4G. She opted for the HTC, because it had better reviews online. She's had the phone for less than 72 hours, and it has force closed it's own internet browser more times than we can count. Facebook app won't even open, it immediately force closes as soon as it tries to open. Her email gets pushed to her phone about once every 12 or so hours, even though it's supposed to check every 15 minutes I think...

She probably just got a shitty phone, but she's gotta ship it back to sprint, let them evaluate it, and they'll ship her a new phone back. She'll be without a phone for a week, maybe two. We tried walking into the sprint store today, and they told us to kick rocks that the phone checked out fine. We're just gonna go buy her an iPhone tomorrow, ship that HTC back, and be done with it.

This is droid #5 that she's gotten over the years that hasn't worked right straight out of the box. One thing I can count on with the iPhone, is it working, all the time. I'll be getting the new one, as well as every other model that comes out. When you've become the industry standard, and "the one to beat", that's who I'm going with.

Roughly about the same price here, just that I've got one that I can't use over here but it works outside of the uk. I found it on the street and it had been barred. I could get the motherboard changed so I could use it here but I'm happy with my iPhone and so is my girl.

Was considering seeing if anyone wanted to trade for some banshee parts?

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the local Walmarts today and got a galaxy S III. Only had it a few hours. Appears to be a cool phone. But I think I'm takin it back and gettin the 5. I'm not super tech guy, but I want the cool camera and speed. And all the other crap that comes on it. My prob I think is that I'm just lazy. I really have no interest in learning a new phone. Pathetic I know but after playing with this thing for a couple hours I think I'd be happier with the ol apple crap. I already know how to use it and the wife thinks she wants a Mac. So the sinc stuff would be kinda cool too.

After a couple of weeks with the iphone 5, I must say, its a cool phone. My previous phone is the iphone 4. The precessing speed of the 5 is amazing, it does everything almost instantanious. Granted the maps app needs some work, but the speed of LTE is unreal, at times it feels faster than my WiFi connection (no, I do not have a shitty router). If one is eligible for an upgrade, the discounted price is worth every penny.

I took the Samsung back and got a 5. Way happier. Samsung is a cool phone but the iPhone so much easier to use. I haven't seen the lte speed yet. I've got wifi and 4g around here and it's still pretty good. I came from an ol 3G so this thing is a rocket compared to what I'm used too.