wcr override

Bkm2006

After reading dozens....yes, dozens of threads regarding WCR's work...here's my personal opinion and conclusion.

Greg cuts a great trans, period. The only issue of use I've ever heard was the extreme dunable. Last I checked, he stopped making them but made good on the ones he did make...it was a new concept and design, he got the flaws worked out.

However, his business side sometimes lacks. Delays, not answering phones, bad ship dates, etc.

I will counter that with this, however...Banshee Aftermarket and Racing is not Amazon or eBay.

When custom work is involved....it takes time. If you're buying an off the shelf part, that's one thing. But even if you're buying a pre-cut trans off the shelf, he has to figure out when he's going to cut the next.

I think in today's age of everything now and the Internet, a lot of times people jump the gun. Not saying that happened here, not saying it didn't.

Greg does quality work....and sometimes it pays to wait and be patient for quality.

If you ask any builder, they will tell you I can answer phones all day and talk to people, or I can get work done. But one person can't do both.

A lot of these operations are one or two people mom and pops...again, not Walmart online or Amazon.

None of them are rich, I can promise you that. They make a living doing something they enjoy...we should all be so lucky....

When I used to sell cut trans,and I sold a TON of them... sometimes someone would ship one and in 2 days they'd ask what's up with it, how long, etc. When I would clearly tell them 10 to 14 day turn around from the day it was delivered.

It's one of the reasons I quit selling them.

You can bet your arse I had delays (I didn't cut them or receive them, I merely middle man'd them for a friend who always did me right and hooked me up).

I dealt with it the best I could.

Just remember, if this shit was so easy and common, Walmart would have already cornered the Banshee Aftermarket...or Google/Microsoft would have bought it :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading dozens....yes, dozens of threads regarding WCR's work...here's my personal opinion and conclusion.

Greg cuts a great trans, period. The only issue of use I've ever heard was the extreme dunable. Last I checked, he stopped making them but made good on the ones he did make...it was a new concept and design, he got the flaws worked out.

However, his business side sometimes lacks. Delays, not answering phones, bad ship dates, etc.

I will counter that with this, however...Banshee Aftermarket and Racing is not Amazon or eBay.

When custom work is involved....it takes time. If you're buying an off the shelf part, that's one thing. But even if you're buying a pre-cut trans off the shelf, he has to figure out when he's going to cut the next.

I think in today's age of everything now and the Internet, a lot of times people jump the gun. Not saying that happened here, not saying it didn't.

Greg does quality work....and sometimes it pays to wait and be patient for quality.

If you ask any builder, they will tell you I can answer phones all day and talk to people, or I can get work done. But one person can't do both.

A lot of these operations are one or two people mom and pops...again, not Walmart online or Amazon.

None of them are rich, I can promise you that. They make a living doing something they enjoy...we should all be so lucky....

When I used to sell cut trans,and I sold a TON of them... sometimes someone would ship one and in 2 days they'd ask what's up with it, how long, etc. When I would clearly tell them 10 to 14 day turn around from the day it was delivered.

It's one of the reasons I quit selling them.

You can bet your arse I had delays (I didn't cut them or receive them, I merely middle man'd them for a friend who always did me right and hooked me up).

I dealt with it the best I could.

Just remember, if this shit was so easy and common, Walmart would have already cornered the Banshee Aftermarket...or Google/Microsoft would have bought it :)

dg, is your buddy evan still cutting transmissions?

i'm still using the one i got from him in my dragster and its a better operating trans than the wcr in my play bike.

If he is, I'm not selling them for him.

I'm retired (until next year....lol) and both he and I are busy, just no time.

I can tell you he's going to cut me one when I get back in next year...but, not for the public.

I've had others ask...and I just don't have the time.

I was told by Greg he had 1 1-5 m down Duneable sitting on his shelf and was ready to go. He said he would ship it out right away, and that I would get it sat or sunday. Never got it. And it's now Friday of the following week and it's still not here.

I can only go off a mans word. So if it was going to take 2-3 weeks fine but I can only go off what Greg tells me, and when his trans is a week late of his estimated date then that's bs!!

This thread would have never happened had I received a simple phone call/ email. Or some kind of contact! I simply asked for a tracking number and I never received that from him.

I admit I jumped the gun, but like I said I can only go off someone's word. If he has time to talk to phelps on the phone for hrs. He can make a simple phone call to me and let me know what was going on.

Greg told me the call tag was made Monday of this week and picked up by usps Tuesday. the sticker shows it wasn't shipped until wed. Greg i can't keep referring ppl to you if you can't be honest with these guys. it makes me look like the ass here and i can make myself look like a ass all by myself without anyone's help. bmk i apologize for getting in your business. i made a call the first time in effort to help you get a answer. the second time i called was to warn greg you cancelled the payment.

consider me out of gregs business deals until he can learn that the business end is just as important as the product you offer. i apologize bkm for 1 getting in your business and 2 for taking all this as far as it did. you jumped the gun, but in the end you was right greg didn't come close to holding up his end of the deal. i just couldn't believe after several transactions with Greg and the great communication with him that you would be having these issues.

trans just showed up at my door. I will be return shipping trans today. bottom line is i would be a happy customer had i just received some communication on gregs part. when greg gets the trans and refunds me , Ill have nothing bad to say other then he lacks customer service, and the fact that me and him had to have a cussing match about a transmission banghead ... I did jump the gun! and it wont ever happen again on my part. But you have to have communication with the buyer when you dont meet deadlines on your behalf. Ive sold things on here and have never missed a ship date but if i did , i would call the person/ email/or pm them and let them know. Im sure greg's trans is kick ass like phelps and others have said. But o well , Greg will get his trans back and I will run a redline trans. No hard feelings with phelps or anyone else i offended! :cheers:

Greg told me the call tag was made Monday of this week and picked up by usps Tuesday. the sticker shows it wasn't shipped until wed. Greg i can't keep referring ppl to you if you can't be honest with these guys. it makes me look like the ass here and i can make myself look like a ass all by myself without anyone's help. bmk i apologize for getting in your business. i made a call the first time in effort to help you get a answer. the second time i called was to warn greg you cancelled the payment.

consider me out of gregs business deals until he can learn that the business end is just as important as the product you offer. i apologize bkm for 1 getting in your business and 2 for taking all this as far as it did. you jumped the gun, but in the end you was right greg didn't come close to holding up his end of the deal. i just couldn't believe after several transactions with Greg and the great communication with him that you would be having these issues.

Very stellar of you to be up front phelps.

• 4 weeks later...