need more power!

Koba

Ya jets are good i might need to go one size up maybe... no snorkle and with the mods im running currently i dont think i should beat them but i am new to banshees. Im deffinitly thinking port job and cool head also a +4 stator plate. Just as of right now.

you more than likely have the wrong gearing for the paddles you're running, were you able to pull 5th or 6th gear? how hard? same power available as your dirt tires out on the trails u ride?

more power is nice but if you put the wrong paddles on there say some drag bike aggressive paddles, you won't pull them unless you go WAY up in power. how many paddles, which paddles you got?

Edited by hawaiianbasshead

you more than likely have the wrong gearing for the paddles you're running, were you able to pull 5th or 6th gear? how hard? same power available as your dirt tires out on the trails u ride?

more power is nice but if you put the wrong paddles on there say some drag bike aggressive paddles, you won't pull them unless you go WAY up in power. how many paddles, which paddles you got?

I'm interested in hearing how to size paddles. How owuld you size them for a pretty stock banshee or one with the mods you guys are saying like porting, pipes, and +4 timing?

I don't ride paddles so I can't comment from personal experience but I can say, comp cut sand skate I seems to be a popular tire along with paddla brats far as standard atv tires, tebo cuts seem to be gaining popularity as well.

for u. u want speed, I'd look into 6 paddle paddla brats, you still need to gear properly for the size of tire and you also need to take rims into consideration smaller will be faster, larger will handle better, rim width changes tire width and roll out as well. because I don't ride paddles I don't feel comfortable telling you to get a 8x7" rim and paddla brats and call it a day but someone else may lol

for me, if I were to look for a paddle tire today, I'd look for paddla brats and 8x7"s and see how I like them :D if I had more motor maybe I'd get 8 paddles instead of 6. so maybe search the net for some sand tire info/comparisons or something...

guys here and the raptor forum have such modded bikes they run custom tires it seems like alot of the time. I don't have the money for that kinda stuff so brats or haulers maybe extremes would be my choice going off availability and price if I could PICK I'd get the brats as I hear they're the fastest. SSI will handle/turn better but cost alot, be sure to get comp cut or play cut or they'll be heavy. or do it the easy way, brats :D I haven't heard alot about ams sand snakes, I think I heard they suck but can't recall. probably better than gekkos lol

oh, and I've heard fronts make a difference too, specifically if it's really soft sand, wider taller fronts will float better causing less push in the sand I think, so less power to move... hear say...

Edited by hawaiianbasshead

I don't ride paddles so I can't comment from personal experience but I can say, comp cut sand skate I seems to be a popular tire along with paddla brats far as standard atv tires, tebo cuts seem to be gaining popularity as well.

for u. u want speed, I'd look into 6 paddle paddla brats, you still need to gear properly for the size of tire and you also need to take rims into consideration smaller will be faster, larger will handle better, rim width changes tire width and roll out as well. because I don't ride paddles I don't feel comfortable telling you to get a 8x7" rim and paddla brats and call it a day but someone else may lol

for me, if I were to look for a paddle tire today, I'd look for paddla brats and 8x7"s and see how I like them :D if I had more motor maybe I'd get 8 paddles instead of 6. so maybe search the net for some sand tire info/comparisons or something...

guys here and the raptor forum have such modded bikes they run custom tires it seems like alot of the time. I don't have the money for that kinda stuff so brats or haulers maybe extremes would be my choice going off availability and price if I could PICK I'd get the brats as I hear they're the fastest. SSI will handle/turn better but cost alot, be sure to get comp cut or play cut or they'll be heavy. or do it the easy way, brats :D I haven't heard alot about ams sand snakes, I think I heard they suck but can't recall. probably better than gekkos lol

oh, and I've heard fronts make a difference too, specifically if it's really soft sand, wider taller fronts will float better causing less push in the sand I think, so less power to move... hear say...

Makes sense

all paddles are not created equal, sand snakes are above geckos but I think comparable to sand stars so maybe tied for 2nd worst paddles, at least from the searching I did online.

comp cut tires and play cut tires seem to be the ticket

paddla brats being the 1st choice for speed

sand skate Is being the most common for all around duning and still having decent speed

haulers and extreme's being just behind brats for speed

all will probably want a cut to shave weight, look for a used set close to you I'd suggest, some paddles are deeper some shallower *cup/blade- the part that scoops the sand* generally sounds like for not highly modded bikes 6 paddles seems to be the most common.

wider tires float more, narrow tires sink more but for rears sometimes you need the narrow for racing as it digs just enough to go faster somehow. alot of the guys who race run 8x7" rims, 10" rims handle better 8" rims are better for speed/racing. the best advice I could gather from researching is call and tell them what you want out of your paddle. crap paddles just will not pull as fast even cruising as good/decent paddles and even a more powerful bike will suck balls with crappy tires, from what I've read weather you go once a year or once a week you want good paddles or you'll never experience the sand the way you want to if speed is a concern. straight blades are harder to throw tail whips but are faster, v blades can be fun to throw sand but won't win you any races for the most part.

so to sum it up, a slightly slower bike *less mods* can outrun a faster bike if the tires are setup properly and the faster bike is setup wrong.

I believe fullerton sand sports is where alot of guys get their paddles, call them and see what they have to say, maybe even tell them you're researching before buying another set of tires and intend to inquire on the forum before the next purchase! they won't steer you wrong but you would prefer to get a confirmation from the fast banshee guys maybe or something... I can say with any of the top 4 paddles you'll probably be happy. brats, skate 1s, haulers or extremes and you'd be faster and having fun :D you can still mod your bike but I would put the proper paddles on before because even if you get porting, +4* timing and a sick set of pipes that compliment the porting you still have crap tires that're gonna slow you down.

good luck man! post back whatever you figure out/end up doing