Shearer or sniper pipes

PassionRE. Would you be interested in sending me a set of pipes, they can be bare thats fine. I took my Shearers off, and want to see the difference in fit.

SB ,Banshee332 has been passing around a set of unplated inframes for inspection. They are currently in Long Island ,New York with Wacko2000. Contact Brad(banshee332) if you want to arrange that type of thing. The fit and quality have pretty much established by several of the forum members. If your engine is a high end runner, they may suit your porting as well. The desired format of engine has been well described in earlier posts. You might ck on that to get an idea if your engine falls into the design criteria as far as performance expectation is concerned.

Also, I owe you an apologe on a personal level, and I also aplologize for some of my other outbursts on the forum....Jim

For a drag Bike, what exhaust port duration would be optimal for these pipes? I have motors all over the range but only tried them on 1. If they were built by softwae, what does the software say? I have a hypothetical dyno chart with these pipes exact specs (outtframes) on a given duration motor, but the results were not optimal. So the ex duration must not have been optimal.

For a drag Bike, what exhaust port duration would be optimal for these pipes? I have motors all over the range but only tried them on 1. If they were built by softwae, what does the software say? I have a hypothetical dyno chart with these pipes exact specs (outtframes) on a given duration motor, but the results were not optimal. So the ex duration must not have been optimal.

The design specs are for 197 exhaust duration and cylinder pressure of 100 atmospheres (a balance of timing and trapped compression). The dyno sheet shows the Sniper to have a broad power curve compared to the Shearer, that means its not peaking at its natural resonance. Being rich, too much timing, compression too high, not enough load and dynoing with a eddy brake can cause this, also gearing and mph on the dyno should simulate the mph as at the track and if two pipes peak at different rpm's, one should have gear added or subtracted to run close to the same mph, so they will have the same engine load.

Mailman had some oof drag pipes and did not have time to tune them in, his bike was tuned in close for the Shearer pipe, so he ran them. Those pipes are in the dyno video with the silencers, they are on Brad Painter's bike now and he has won the first four races with them.

After running Brad's engine, we realized that the 10 mill cubs are more efficient and are putting off more heat energy than we thought. Now we do not put any venturi or stuffer in the stingers of high output 465's on alcohol. Your Shearers have a 22.7 stuffer welded in the stinger and the Snipers has a 24.5 stuffer, this is one reason why the Sniper's run cooler than the Shearer's and needs less fuel to build heat.

The exhaust duration of your engines should not be any problem, they have been tested on engines from 189 to 204 exhaust duration with very good results. The pipes would be a very good match for the 397, try them on that if you don't already have something that will break the record, it will have less intake volume and should be easier to tune with Lectrons.

I still put my money on if a 4mil cub built and tuned by shearer vs passion's 4mil cub and snipers that the shearer will win!!! his personal bike never gets beat on the hill and takes out alot of bigger bikes!!!

Ok Gary, originally these were for cubs, maybe drag port stockers. When I had a 12 port done by Jim, he expressed that the shearers would be better suited for my motor. So has there been enough testing to show that these pipes may actually be better on the dune style port durations as well? I have a 194 exhaust and I guess I'm just a little thrown off by the last part of that post where you show a range of 189+ degrees. I really wanna try these out and see, but the cost is just nuts for trial and error. Plus I have been reiterating Jim's words steering people away from these on stock cyl builds, so if I'm wrong let me know. Brett

I still put my money on if a 4mil cub built and tuned by shearer vs passion's 4mil cub and snipers that the shearer will win!!! his personal bike never gets beat on the hill and takes out alot of bigger bikes!!!

Matt has also had the last few years of his life to spend full time working on his engine/pipe program. Matt has been doing a lot more engine building lately, but now that jim has gone full time I wouldn't hold your breath. It is only a matter of time before he can put his pent up thoughts to the paddles! I hope to see a legitimate throw down sometime. An engine masters style challenge if you will.

Alky 4 mil cub. Same chassis built by the same guy, chosen equal weight jockeys, same trannys, etc. every variable the same! Only cylinder porting, pipes and tuner difference.

Just funny to me that Matt always likes some one till they start making their own pipes. For the record I swing on neither sides nuts. Yet......

When someone tells you they are bogging and wheeling up with 11 and 12 paddles at Little Sahara, then lose one race and then puts a 120 rider on it for the rest of the day, tells me all I need to know!

When someone tells you they are bogging and wheeling up with 11 and 12 paddles at Little Sahara, then lose one race and then puts a 120 rider on it for the rest of the day, tells me all I need to know!

LOL I take it you LOST

Now...I'm not talking about dune racing. That's run what ya brung. I get it.

I've always been for rules at the track for any kind of heads up class racing, including weight limits/specs.

Any organized racing sanction has them, we don't. While I realize we are not Nascar, Indy, NHRA, etc. I get that.

10 to 15 lbs can be a tenth in our sport...or a few HP.