Lone Star +2 A-arms & Elka Shocks - Input

Tommilicious

Looking into a front suspension set up for a trail rider. May hit the occasional table top or small jump but not a priority. ATV galaxy has this package for $1k. You can get either the stage 1 elkas or fox floats. Anyone have feedback on this? Plan on running stock rear shock with a rebuild by Matt. I'm 200.b with all my gear. Not sure what to do with swing arm and axle?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400247551522?item=400247551522&viewitem=&vxp=mtr#ht_5074wt_955

Edited by Tommilicious

When you get serious with things i have a nice set of laeger arms and works shocks one hell of a deal 500$ + actual shipping. Imo laeger geometry mx arms are the best ones hands down i have rode them all. Currently running fireball long travel and the ride isnt even close to old set up. Granted my shocks are not valved for my banshee yet. Matt i will be sending you a pm on setting them up for me when finish my other bike up and have something to ride.

• 2 months later...

When you get serious with things i have a nice set of laeger arms and works shocks one hell of a deal 500$ + actual shipping. Imo laeger geometry mx arms are the best ones hands down i have rode them all. Currently running fireball long travel and the ride isnt even close to old set up. Granted my shocks are not valved for my banshee yet. Matt i will be sending you a pm on setting them up for me when finish my other bike up and have something to ride.

Have run elkas and works, elkas flatout blow the springs off of works hands down!!

You can pull the chips off the frame and stretch stock lines to work hut they will beat up the finish on the a arms from rubbing over time. Shoot me a pm I have two sets of extended brake lines if you wanted a set I could do 45$ shipped one set is black believe the other is clear wrapped both steel braided and extended.

That leads me to my next question, most longer hose kits are two hoses to the master cyl. with a longer banjo bolt. Any problems with that breaking off? As I seem to roll my bike down a dune at least every other trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Just go with ss lines and clamps

I was thinking on splicing in some copper tubing with some hose clamps. No, really, I was wanting opinions on what's prefered, 2 hoses up to the master cyl or, 3 with a tee?

Also my new +2+1 Lone star arms came with 13.5" tie rods, that gives me a minimum toe-in of 2.5 inches. Anybody know how long their tie rods are with +2 arms? stock is 11"

I was thinking on splicing in some copper tubing with some hose clamps. No, really, I was wanting opinions on what's prefered, 2 hoses up to the master cyl or, 3 with a tee?

Also my new +2+1 Lone star arms came with 13.5" tie rods, that gives me a minimum toe-in of 2.5 inches. Anybody know how long their tie rods are with +2 arms? stock is 11"

I'd go with 3 + tee personally. I think it looks cleaner.