29L/R STRIKES AGAIN

so the big question is I have a 29l crank I traded for to build a stock cyl trail motor hoping to make around 55-60 hp woulod it be a good idea or scrap it and get a new one

29L or 29L/R......i believe the 29L rod is a stock rod. the 29L/R rod is the one in question here....

Yes 29L is a stock rod and is lots stronger than the taiwan 29L/R rod.

Fouledout.....I noticed your outta this ballpark hp claim the minute you posted it. I simply ignored it, like many are ignoring the fact of these taiwan rods being shit.

Locogato, we sound like a broken record?? So do you and Andy telling everyone that had a rod failure that it was there poor jetting and poor assembly that caused there rod failures. You keep sticking up for these shitty cranks/rods, but its easy to see why......cause the distributors selling them and giving your site $$$ to advertise, so it wouldn't make any sense for you to bad mouth them and have them lose some business.

At any rate, carry on......

Fouledout.....I noticed your outta this ballpark hp claim the minute you posted it. I simply ignored it, like many are ignoring the fact of these taiwan rods being shit.

ahh.. gotcha.. similar to your "outta this ballpark" hp numbers you were posting about sleds.. I understand. beer.gif

your problem is your throwing all taiwan rods under the bus.. not ALL taiwan rods are shit.

Bhq loves its site sponsors, bottom line....... The problem here is that the site sponsors that were selling these cranks with the 29lr rod are no where to be seen....They sure are "sticking to their gun" when they say all the other factors are playing into the crap rods.....These 29lr rods are failing all over the web, just go to a few different sites and check it out...."Test Dummies"?

Bhq loves its site sponsors, bottom line....... The problem here is that the site sponsors that were selling these cranks with the 29lr rod are no where to be seen....They sure are "sticking to their gun" when they say all the other factors are playing into the crap rods.....These 29lr rods are failing all over the web, just go to a few different sites and check it out...."Test Dummies"?

you are correct sir, i seen a 10mil on another site the other day with the bronze rods, broke under the piston just like everyone elses. but ya its completely the tuning that is at fault and not the rods lol the 29lr's are best rod you can put in a shee LOL

Fouledout, my hp postings on some sleds are not outta the ballpark. Maybe if you did some googling on the web, you would see some sled hp figures and that they make decent hp. Don't say my sled hp postings are incorrect, before knowing a thing or two about a sled engine. Hell you prolly never drove one.

Locogato, we sound like a broken record?? So do you and Andy telling everyone that had a rod failure that it was there poor jetting and poor assembly that caused there rod failures. You keep sticking up for these shitty cranks/rods, but its easy to see why......cause the distributors selling them and giving your site $$$ to advertise, so it wouldn't make any sense for you to bad mouth them and have them lose some business.

YES, you sound like a broken record.. Plus, you don't read well at all..

I NEVER said what was or wasn't the cause of the rods breaking. Frankly, I don't give a shit. I don't penny pinch when it comes to my builds like some of you clowns. These motors are destined for failure with the way we push them but we want them to last a million years with shitty parts? Makes sense.

I am NOT sticking up for the cranks. I literally know nothing about them at all, other than there is a demand for them because people are too fucking cheap to buy something with more quality.

I will, however, stick up for my sponsors. Placing all of the blame on the builder will ultimately KILL the aftermarket Banshee industry. At some point, the customer has to assume some responsibility too. The industry is far too small for these builders to assume full and total responsibility for these things. We're talking Banshees, not Chevy pickups. It is a very small niche market that just can't have the type of warranty setup like a big auto manufacturer. That's the bottom line.

Anyway, keep on spinnin..