m&m or vitos

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3+ years ago, I mentioned I can buy cranks direct from Taiwan and that I do have a blue print from them to choose what cranks I want... I was told I am talking nonsense... I then posted the blueprint... That blueprint is the exact same crank that M&M sells... I have been selling them longer then probably anyone...

Recently a friend of mine bought a complete serval package from Andy + a 4mm crank as I could not provide a 4mm at that stage, the parts are with me as I am building the motor... Putting his cranks next to mine, its exactly the same thing, rod stampings are the same "G115", both cranks are keyed in the center...

These cranks has NEVER failed on me once and I have sold them in 7mms moslty due to the fact that I could buy quite a few 7mm for very cheap...

The G115 rods has prove them self... Those years the manufacturer claimed the the rods are double shot peened... Excatly the same as Andy is also claiming if remember correctly, I don't know M&M at all, but running the same cranks, I can assure you its bulletproof stuff....

I love how everybody takes what they were "told" or "read" on here for gold. Most of the time over there own experience. So a competitor of ours said we sell junk lol imagine that. I dont make the parts I just try and prep them as well as I can and try to offer you a quality part. So take your tawain made hotrod part and put it in I have nothing against there parts we run them alot. Can they break, do I really need to answer that. Can ours break, sure. There will always be someone who broke 1 part and obviously that make all of that manufacturers parts junk...riiighht. On the flip side another person may have had good luck with a part and that makes all of that manufacturer parts indestructable...sure. Lets keep in mind most failures are due to other issues ie: tuning, oil, how its rode.

People remember that you are building "custom" motors if you can't come into this a little open minded then you have no business putting it together and should send it to a pro. There are issues that come up with motors everyday but we just handle it and continue on our customers never even know about it.

I love how everybody takes what they were "told" or "read" on here for gold. Most of the time over there own experience. So a competitor of ours said we sell junk lol imagine that. I dont make the parts I just try and prep them as well as I can and try to offer you a quality part. So take your tawain made hotrod part and put it in I have nothing against there parts we run them alot. Can they break, do I really need to answer that. Can ours break, sure. There will always be someone who broke 1 part and obviously that make all of that manufacturers parts junk...riiighht. On the flip side another person may have had good luck with a part and that makes all of that manufacturer parts indestructable...sure. Lets keep in mind most failures are due to other issues ie: tuning, oil, how its rode.

People remember that you are building "custom" motors if you can't come into this a little open minded then you have no business putting it together and should send it to a pro. There are issues that come up with motors everyday but we just handle it and continue on our customers never even know about it.

do you or have you ever sold those cranks with the 29 L/R ROD on it ?

3+ years ago, I mentioned I can buy cranks direct from Taiwan and that I do have a blue print from them to choose what cranks I want... I was told I am talking nonsense... I then posted the blueprint... That blueprint is the exact same crank that M&M sells... I have been selling them longer then probably anyone...

Recently a friend of mine bought a complete serval package from Andy + a 4mm crank as I could not provide a 4mm at that stage, the parts are with me as I am building the motor... Putting his cranks next to mine, its exactly the same thing, rod stampings are the same "G115", both cranks are keyed in the center...

These cranks has NEVER failed on me once and I have sold them in 7mms moslty due to the fact that I could buy quite a few 7mm for very cheap...

The G115 rods has prove them self... Those years the manufacturer claimed the the rods are double shot peened... Excatly the same as Andy is also claiming if remember correctly, I don't know M&M at all, but running the same cranks, I can assure you its bulletproof stuff....

the G-115 crank is the first that i have installed but it does look stronger than those 29 l/r...so if these hold up i will be calling you to order more of them.

people scream your over reving the bike and all that crap and thats why they break,well i thing MOST people who ride these bikes over rev them a time or too....i seen one break at idle...had a guy bent one from a little kick back while starting the bike!!

i think it CLEAR the 29 L/R RODS are JUNK period!!!!

Ive seen hotrods bend at idle had one take out cases from a rev at idle hell got a handfull of them bent from just trying to kickstart. So its clear to me all hotrod cranks are junk... No

Ive covered what rods we used not going into it again...you will just have do do a little searching

IMO a rod that breaks at idle or bends upon the rider trying to kickstart the engine, is a junk rod. If it was a good rod and a durable peice, it would hold up fine. It sounds a little like the sellers want to mostly blame the rod failures on "poor assembly", or "not being a pro engine builder", or "deto". Bullshit to the "have a pro engine builder do it, cause you need to be more open minded with a custom build crap". If the rod is shit material, its gonna break, wether or not jeff at FAST installs it, or M&M installs it, or Herr jugs etc! I have a Vitos crank purchased now, that should be arriving tomorrow and I will let you all know how it holds up for me.

Open minded that this is not checkers, this is custom engine building and its not always a bolt together deal, sometimes you have to build the motor not just assemble it. How is a engine builder supposed to know that a motor wasnt detonated, or oiled like it should be, or installed like it should be, or hydro locked bending a rod at kick which I have seen hotrods do numerous times.

Look im not saying that there isnt junk out there bc there is but everything can break. For the record the stock crank uses a material exactly like the gold king rod that is floating around out there and there are tons of stock cranks out there with a billion hours on it and still ticking. I changed rods bc I wanted something a little more resistant to failures but lets face it we dont have the demand to have unlimited products built for us unfortunately.

Open minded that this is not checkers, this is custom engine building and its not always a bolt together deal, sometimes you have to build the motor not just assemble it. How is a engine builder supposed to know that a motor wasnt detonated, or oiled like it should be, or installed like it should be, or hydro locked bending a rod at kick which I have seen hotrods do numerous times.

Look im not saying that there isnt junk out there bc there is but everything can break. For the record the stock crank uses a material exactly like the gold king rod that is floating around out there and there are tons of stock cranks out there with a billion hours on it and still ticking. I changed rods bc I wanted something a little more resistant to failures but lets face it we dont have the demand to have unlimited products built for us unfortunately.

The way I look at it, you put something together expecting it to fail and do everything you can to prevent that. For those who don't understand that go spend some time around a combine. Mechanical nightmare.

The way I look at it, you put something together expecting it to fail and do everything you can to prevent that. For those who don't understand that go spend some time around a combine. Mechanical nightmare.

Exactly. These motors are ticking time bombs in most cases. At some point, they are going to blow up or have a problem. If someone wants reliable with years of maintenance free operation, they should probably look into a Honda 400EX or something along those lines.

I understand the importance for quality products, but some customers are asking for things that just can't happen in this small of an industry. Parts fail and that's the bottom line. I think that all of BansheeHQ's Sponsors will be more than accommodating should any failure occur that is the result of a faulty product.

People also need to understand that these builders should in no way be liable for a motor they did not assemble. There are far too many things that can go wrong during assembly that can cause failures. Blaming the builder for something when they did not assemble the motor is not going to stand for long. If a customer wants extra peace of mind, they need to have the builder assemble the motor and assume more of the responsibly from it.

ALL BansheeHQ Sponsors that build motors are more than happy to assemble a motor for their customers, for a certain price. I think this also gives the customer more solid ground if something were to happen to the motor.

I am in no way saying that any of the BansheeHQ Sponsors are going to warranty a whole motor if they assemble it. I do not know their individual policies and I will not sit here and speculate as to what they might be. What I do know is that as a customer may be doing themselves a favor by letting a "pro" assemble their motor in case of a complete motor failure.