SIGH. Oil In Cylinders, Will This Harm Anything At Startup?

First thing you should do is try to thin the oil to make it drain faster and easier. Take a gallon jug of gas and poor into the cylinders,,,give it about an hour to mix with the oil and then try dumping it out .You dont have to poor the whole gallon in it but you need at least a couple of quarts to dilute the oil. That way you wont have to wait days for it to poor out and you wont foul plugs as bad when you start it up.

LOL @ the shed pic. The shed alternative was just the frustration talking. :D

Anyways, just for the sake of curiosity, I took off the pipes and lifted the grab bar up to point the front end downward so that the oil could exit the exhaust ports for a few minutes. I was curious to see how much would come out. Well, after a couple minutes nothing was dripping out of the exhaust ports and it looked like at LEAST a quart in total came out within the first few seconds of doing this. I then let it sit on all four wheels and repeated it and still nothing but a drip or two exited the exhaust ports.

So, I believe that most (if not all) has poured out. If there are a few drops of oil left in the cylinders, is that going to screw anything up? If so I will pull the engine. But would a teaspoon amount of oil screw something up, and if so, what exactly is in jeopardy of being screwed up? Just curious, thanks.

Edited by bansh_88

You are probably ok, but it will certainly help to put straight gas in it and shake it for a while and dump that out as well. The more you get out the better. When it comes to any other excess fluid in the motor other then the charged air from the carb, it might as well be water about to hydro lock the motor. That usually bends crank rods and seizes motors by the way, so you need to be sure. Otherwise all that wrenching you did do is useless.

take the tank off,pour the gas in the intake then remove the plugs,now turn the motor over by hand with the kicker.....about ten times

then flip the whole bike over with the pipes off also,now turn the motor over some more with the kicker (by hand) another ten time and let it sit for about 2hours.

after that flip over,put in old plugs,get it running then install new plugs.

IF YOU DONT WANT TO PULL THE WHOLE ENGINE BACK OFF.

just pull the motor out and pull the jugs off and turn the bottom end upside down and let it drain,wash it out with gas if you have to.then put the jugs back on and reinstall the motor and dont do anything stupid like that again.