broken crank rod, major damage..............

so went for a rip yesterday when my bike came to a loud stop. looked under the motor and seen the crank had destroyed my upper and lower bottom end cases. after taking the motor apart i seen there was alot of damage, the rod let go right under the wristpin and destroyed everything in its path. its a 4mil crank with a 421 drag ported head all bought from kevin. the bike only has about 3-4 tanks of fuel through it and im confused about what could make the rod let go like that. im going to upload some pics so i can get some input from you guys (cylinder repairable?, cause of failure, rebuild suggestions, ect.) my mods are below. im new to uploading so hopefully they work lol

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's what always happens with them cheapo taiwan rods. i would talk to kevin. when i bought my crank from him, he told me he would replace whatever got damaged from the crank breaking, as he was that confident in the crank he sold me. i would call kevin. he seems like a pretty straight shooter.

its my beleif that the taiwan rods can't take the extra mass of the 68mm pistons and at higher rpm the rod stretches too much for the taiwan steel and snap.

Edited by mopar1rules