broken crank rod, major damage..............

no it did NOT...LOOK AT THE CASES AND THE CYLINDER SKIRT.its broken on the exhaust side

FOR THE LAST TIME PEOPLE THE PISTON WAS SET THEIR FOR THE PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!that piston was still in the cylinder went the motor came apart

I if ya look at the picture you can see where the rod hit the cyl and the case on the exhuast side as it stuck thru the piston

f290e507.jpg

365b0d74.jpg

5e84a58e.jpg

22bbe671.jpg

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to read all of this but it looks like we need some damage control here. The maker of the cranks with the copper L29 color rods wants to put out a good strong product. He makes many different sizes and styles with a few different rods. He wants customers happy and I want my customers happy. If you have a crank you bought from me with the L29 copper rod and the rod broke call me and I will tell you what I can do for you. Even if you didnt buy it from me give me a ring. If the phone is busy shoot me an email. I’m working with the maker of the crank to make sure the quality and longevity is to your satisfaction.

Thats all anyone could ask for, and more than most would offer.

I'm not going to read all of this but it looks like we need some damage control here. The maker of the cranks with the copper L29 color rods wants to put out a good strong product. He makes many different sizes and styles with a few different rods. He wants customers happy and I want my customers happy. If you have a crank you bought from me with the L29 copper rod and the rod broke call me and I will tell you what I can do for you. Even if you didnt buy it from me give me a ring. If the phone is busy shoot me an email. I’m working with the maker of the crank to make sure the quality and longevity is to your satisfaction.

AND THIS IS WHY I go to Kevin for my MOTOR work !!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I if ya look at the picture you can see where the rod hit the cyl and the case on the exhuast side as it stuck thru the piston

you just prove the piston was in right...why are you people being so stupid.....that piston was in my hand before i set it there for the pic

now to end this look at the INTAKE side and close in on the wear marks in the center of the piston where it rubs again the INTAKE DIVIDER

IMAG0392.jpg

IMAG0394.jpg

... I would imagine / bet He could work out a deal on labour not build the thing for free

Kevin quoted me $300 to assemble the motor when I asked about a 7 mil stock cylinder package....Thats practically free in my book how much cheaper you want the guy to do it for. $300 for the assembly and insurance/peace of mind is worth every penny...

kevin is the man! he has recently done my 4mil dune/play port setup and even took the time to help me jet it and set the timing to specs. has some of the best customer service hands down, and can port 1hell of a motor!! personally i never had any other crank than a hotrods in my bike(that i built). im goin to be building a 10mil drag ported cheetah soon and plan on running eithr hjr forged 10mil crank or m&m atv crank.