4 mil stock cylinders or cub?

its just a clean up port take smooth up the ports nothing major done local ! it works a whole lot better then when it had just the stroker! it will pull with the crfs that are piped but it wont walk away from them more so due to the power to weight ratio.. i mean u prob can get it to but thats going back to the drag porting again

I am in the same boat man...Sheeacumin gave a link to my post..There is a ton of neewbie friendly information on the post. Take a few minutes and read over it. From all the information I have gathered from other riders a Cub is too too peaky for most types of trail riding. I was out this weekend and this guy said that he just sold his cub motor, and basically said if you are not drag racing, use your stock jubs with a 4 mil crank and or get a serval.

What kind of port job do you have flamingshee? I want this shee to smoke my crf450r...

I have ported stock cylinders with an aggressive dune or trail port and its all i need or want in the trails or the sand. It pulls hard when and where i need it to. I wouldnt spend big money on cubs or any other plated cylinders, unless your gonna use them for a specific riding style where nothing else will do. And you can save money by sending your stock head to mull eng. and letting them work it to what your engine needs also. Its cheaper than a cool head and doesnt require o rings or different studs.

I've got a 4mil on stock ported

Kevin did his Hardcore MX port and it works great

made 61 HP on pump gas switching to race gas and pods I'd like to see 66-67 with that set up????

The power is good all around OK low end good mid range and the power still comes on up top

So can anyone tell me if the serval/cub 421 setup are different cylinders altogether or the same jugs ported differently?

A cub and serval are the same cylinder. The port timings are lower on the serval. A serval can be ported into a cub but a cub cannot be ported to a serval because the material is gone.

I've got a 4 mil stock cyl aggressive dune port set up for duning from Kevin. One of the fastest running 4 mils around these parts until you put it up against a drag ported cylinder running down the drag strip. Perfect set up for a dune bike or for an MX set up. Dyned at around 80 hp on 110 octane after dialed in. I'd like to be faster on the drag strip but I will never change this set up.

SP

Shee put me on this thread...It may be a nice help in your decision...

If you don't know look at the dyno..

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=150213

If im not mistaking this dyno chart is a ported serval by cameron at redline racing compared to 4mil dune port, ported by cameron at redline racing. My point is you would save more money going 4mil stock cylinder. JMHO :shrugani: