GSXR 600 In Banshee frame

Washburn

I got my hands on a good 06 gsxr 600 motor +wireing harness complete with everything I need a gas tank with fuel pump for EFI, Stock exhuast. I also have the 06 Gsxr Main frame perfect condition.

Here is the problem. I have no clue what to do with this stuff. Its not going for the $$$ I want for it so Im thinking drag bike. With the frame running motor and fuel tank where would be the best place to start building this Monster?

thest place to start buiding this "monster" as you call it is in the dumpster. no offense to you. but we have seen quite a few banshee framed sport bike motor builds.....they all turn out to be hacked up dog terds. and from what we've seen its a matter of $4000 in total parts and every boner out there that has one wants $6-7k for them. and they run like junk.

honestly there are a few guys on this website that have gone up against a few 600cc sport bike motors in dune drag bikes......and have beaten them pretty bad.

Honestly your best choice is going to be to just either take the hit on selling that motor for less than you wanted (hey...its still something....) and doing something else with the money.

I got my hands on a good 06 gsxr 600 motor +wireing harness complete with everything I need a gas tank with fuel pump for EFI, Stock exhuast. I also have the 06 Gsxr Main frame perfect condition.

Here is the problem. I have no clue what to do with this stuff. Its not going for the $$$ I want for it so Im thinking drag bike. With the frame running motor and fuel tank where would be the best place to start building this Monster?

NO!NO!NO! WHY?WHY?WHY? You will end up with an ill handling pile of scrap metal that can be beat by a strong running 2 stroke twin. Banshee frame DON'T WORK for street bike motors because the cradle area is not tall enough.

I recently spoke with a fabricator/builder about people that swap motorcycle engines into sports atv frames. Basically he said its a bad idea if you do not know what you are doing. The guy made several good points. He said that one of the main problems is proper weight distribution for the frame. In short ensuring the engine has the correct angle and other factors that would cause the weight to be off. Another topic was mounting points he was really firm on that. I think he had seen some examples of conversions gone bad because engine mounts gave out.

If you do the conversion I advise you to speak with someone or a builder that knows his stuff before jamming in a motorcycle engine in a banshee frame. Putting a heavier engine rated at 150 HP into a frame thats rated for an engine with half the weight and power could yield some bad results.

It's a waste of time & money IMO....As stated before take the hit & sell it. Then use that money to build you a fast ass banshee motor. The twin two stroke motor will be lighter & quicker than that motorcycle/banshee build. Everything varies...........You put that motorcycle back together & trade it for a bad ass banshee motor....then that will save some time, money & you will be even faster than the motorcylce/atv build. JMHO

Edited by 252wheelieking

a stock cylinder banshee would spank that gixxer disaster all over the dunes.

Though its not on the subject of banshees the main point would apply. What type of racing will you be doing? When racing RC cars several guys ask how fast is your car and and what size motor are do you have (not what type), its obvious these guys haven't been round long. These guys have .21 motors on 1/10 scale cars and they run like raped apes...Literally. Fast as shiz nitz. Once there was a newbie (as myself) out there on the track and decided to run laps against a stock Serpent. First they ran the straights and the Traxxis I think it was beat him a few times, by only a few feet. The the Serpent driver suggested to stretched the cars out doing some laps.....I must say I have never seen a car get lapped so many times in less than 3 minutes in life.

So in short you can install a motorcycle engine on your quad and have a mean ferocious sounding toy thats a real L.A.M.B (Look At Me Bike) or you can spend your time and money wisely and put those guys running motorcycle engines to shame...The Choice Is Yours.. :headband

I appricate the honosty and I wouldent think of touching My SHEE to put a Gixxer Motor in. It wouldent be a Banshee anymore thats for sure. Like I said Im at a loss with this thing, I was thinking of talking to a welder and getting him to Fab up some kind of Creation with the Gixxer Main frame and an ATV frame, DS650/Raptor? Then just having a straight line bike for kicks. Im not gonna put any kind of thousands into it either.

The motor is heavy as a 200lb hoe and it would be tricky getting it ballanced and have a strong enough frame for me to be comfterble riding it. Those points have been stated here and Ive thought about them as well.

I could give two shits if it looks like a 1 toothed hillbilly creation, as long as it moves and is fun and fast.

What about a Go Kart/Buggy? I think if I could find a Strong Chassie to put it in that would be fun and fast enough.

Ide love to sell it but theres no papers. I know who owned the bike but I lost his info. I would trade up in a minute but noone seems to want it. I dont ride street bikes so Im not putting money into building it from scratch.

Ill figure something out but any advice is much appricated.

Thank You,

Neil