Insurance Totalled my Banshee: what to do?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MORE DETAIL:

It's an 89 the frame is cracking where the motor mounts in front. (could be welded)

Original motor stock as far as I can tell. Stock shocks other than a Rappy 01 rear. I put new swinger and J arm all balls kits in. Also a Proflo plate and K&N filter on it.

I took the ALUM radiator off it already.

HERE IS THE KICKER!

If I take the $2165 (leave the bike) I get to go remove ALL MY AFTERMARKET BLING and accessories.

This is why I might like to start Fresh

Feedback?

MORE DETAIL:

It's an 89 the frame is cracking where the motor mounts in front. (could be welded)

Original motor stock as far as I can tell. Stock shocks other than a Rappy 01 rear. I put new swinger and J arm all balls kits in. Also a Proflo plate and K&N filter on it.

I took the ALUM radiator off it already.

HERE IS THE KICKER!

If I take the $2165 (leave the bike) I get to go remove ALL MY AFTERMARKET BLING and accessories.

This is why I might like to start Fresh

Feedback?

Seriously tho....keep the bike & take the $1500..... you can buy a new frame & cases with that $1500 & still have money left over.....Its not not a hard decision to make.....you will be actually losing out if you take the $2165 leave the bike..... :shootself:

Let me get this straight. You modified the rear suspension geometry, you were jumping it, who knows if the chain was adjusted properly, you didn't have a case saver, the chain came off and cracked the cases, and you turned it into the insurance company? I would be ashamed to admit that something I built didn't go as planned, and I made someone else pay for my problems.

Let me get this straight. You modified the rear suspension geometry, you were jumping it, who knows if the chain was adjusted properly, you didn't have a case saver, the chain came off and cracked the cases, and you turned it into the insurance company? I would be ashamed to admit that something I built didn't go as planned, and I made someone else pay for my problems.

Man, fuck this thread.. Who's that chick in your avatar? You should start a thread with pics of her.

Are you kidding. You would do an insurance claim over a chain slappin the cases and crackin it. Lol. Just fix it. Thats your baby isnt it.

Alright you hater-aide drinking, sand eating forum hyenas. I files a claim because:

1. Chain broke case slow drip

2. Ran Case out of oil (didnt see drip) fried crank bearings

3. warped crank cracked my fucking piston

see post: http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=152267

So your damn right I filed a claim. I fight fires. I don't rebuild engines.

I already bought a set of cases from Josh Z so now it's time to send it off to Wildcard (your sponsor)

Think I want to fork over $1700 for the rebuild when I put INSURANCE on the fucking thing to begin with? Suck dirt