YFZ hybrid

6 hours ago, mhoksch said:

Finally got it finished up and took it out to the ice. Raced on a small flooded dirt track Saturday. 2nd place to a trx450r with a built zilla motor wasn’t bad for my first time on it. I need to make a few more suspension tweaks but the traction is unbelievable! With my banshee chassis I could barely do a wheelie if I tried. This thing wants to lift the front tires every time I even think about touching the throttle. I’m excited to get it on a real track next weekend to see how it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slow down the compression of the shock if its too fast your not getting good weight transfer and it will just slam down and lift... or your compression is too stiff and its not compressing at a good enough rate   it took me a lil bit ti dial in my 10cub the few times I had it out with a -1 swinger. 

also another biggie is too aggressive studded tires   SOME slip isn't bad.. will also prevent from spitting studs / tearing lugs.  

sick hybrid non the less!!!

Nice job! What was the hardest part of the build? Did you buy an engine mount kit?

If you check out the beginning of this thread, another guy built all the mounts. I bought it all set up for the motor, just had to fit pipes and radiator since he had oof’s on it.

My hybrid has a wheelie issues also. What rear shock linkage and wish bone are you using?

No clue on the linkage stuff. I just know it’s a 19” pep lt shock