MattSCSS LED lights

#1JUANstunna

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mounted a pair of 10w Euro beam LED's from Matt on my sand rail last weekend. I went out to Dumont and promptly had my car rolled (pops thinks he's a stunt man). In the roll, my HID's were busted off of the top of the car and I was left with only the LED's to get me around at night. Most of you who ride Dumont know how hairy it can be in a windy weekend and these two little lights got me around with no problem!

Do yourselves a favor and get on these lights, makes night riding so much easier and FASTER!

• 2 weeks later...

When is this walk through going to happen?? I would love to see it. Also would like a set of these lights!! Thanks in advance Matt!!

The last DC Conversion I did, I started taking pictures, then got sidetracked, and didn't really think it was necessary because of the write ups that are already on the internet. Trail Tech's DC Conversion is pretty straight forward, and there really is no reason for me to do a writeup.

http://gallery.trailtech.net/media/instructions/lights/stators/AC-DC_Banshee_Stator_Conversion_Instructions.pdf

I can post the pictures that I have later on showing where I floated the ground, but I don't really have many other pictures. The trail-tech regulator/rectifier comes with detailed instructions on what to do after the ground is floated.

So once you add the wire extension, and route it thru the stator as shown... Where does the end of it get soldered? I finally have everything I need to begin this wiring and do the conversion. Trying to get all the bases covered so my down time is minimal.

So once you add the wire extension, and route it thru the stator as shown... Where does the end of it get soldered? I finally have everything I need to begin this wiring and do the conversion. Trying to get all the bases covered so my down time is minimal.

You run the floated ground wire that you run through the stator to the rectifier, along with the already existing yellow power wire. Then from the recitifier both wires run to the battery.

• 3 months later...

The dc conversion is very simple. For those having trouble you might start with a book on electricity and circuits to help you understand what you are doing and why. Trailtech regulators also come with a little wiring diagram.

Hey eveyone, just got back from the dunes. I finally got to use Matt's LED lights, WOW!! Those pics he put in this thread do them no justice. They are so much better than stock, its crazy. My buddy could leave his lights off when we were racing up Crapo. I just cant say enough about them... So thanks again Matt. :notworthy: Everyone is crazy to not run these lights, if you do any night ridding. Best mod and money on the shee so far, well maybe not better than the 4mill, but better than all the other ones. :headbang:

• 1 month later...

Did you ever try them on AC power ?

I have access to very similar lights at job, they are inverse polarity protected so I tried them yesterday for kicks and they work. Funny thing, you can switch the + and - and they work just the same. Might affect durability tho, only ran them like a minute to see if they would work.