100hp?

does anyone know if i can hit 100hp with a 421 kit? if so what kind of pipes and carbs? i can run 50/50 fuel, and do a little trail riding, so it cant be a full drag port. any help is appreciated!!!

You can get 100hp out of a 421. Might I ask WTF you want 100hp in the trails for?

i do SOME trail riding, but also like hp like anyone else. if i wanted slow id a bought a utility.

I hear ya man. You can still do a full drag port and run 50/50. Now that you mention it, that would be a bad ass trail/drag bike. 39pwk carbs and shearer OOF pipes since you won't be in the trails much.

buy a serval. then you can keep porting/modding it untill you hit 100hp. start off with a lazy but torquey 75-85hp. then progress !!

use the same pipes (shearers, cpi, etc) and carbs, 35's will be ample.

remember, a 100hp trail bike, is like a ~1.5hr trail ride haha. not much of a ride.

but 100hp is a nice number to tell your buds.

does anyone know if i can hit 100hp with a 421 kit? if so what kind of pipes and carbs? i can run 50/50 fuel, and do a little trail riding, so it cant be a full drag port. any help is appreciated!!!

Yes you can I believe a 421 cub bolt on is 80 without porting. But I'm not sure how you would handle 100 hp on a real trail the power band is going to be really strong. If I were you I would have a trail bike and a drag bike if you really like HP.

Yeah, I don't think a 100 hp cub would be a good set up for real trail riding. The cub out of the box is drag ported (so in one of your first posts you said *can't be a full drag port*), well that's what a cub is. Ported for drag racing with drag port timings. Granted there is further porting you can do to get more out of a stock cub but it is a drag cylinder. Now, the serval has lower port timings and con be increaesed to the regular cub timings in the future but has a much smother power delivery, which is more what you would want for trail riding.

I think your best bet would be either a serval, or a very aggressive duen ported stock cylinder. Depending on the fuel you run and set up, you an squeeze 80-90 hp out of a well set up stock cylinder and maintain the trail riding ability.

Last thing yoiu want is to have that light switchy power band of a drag port come on at the wrong time in the trail. With a drag port wyour gonna be right between not having any power and having way too much power.

SP

You may have got a better response if you would have told us what was done to your bike now and then ask what was a good hp upgrade for the riding you do. To answer your question lol yes 100hp out of a 421 is easy but if you are riding real trails then that is a waste of a motor.