Paddles for my 4 mill?

Hotrod65

Well I'm new to the forum, but old in age being 65. I have been off the sand for 5 years, but cannot seem to kick the addiction. This will be my first banshee and you can see I'm running a 4 mill with long rods, a 10 inch swing arm, a rear shock valved to my weight, and I'm trying to decide what number of paddles to run. The previous owner of this banshee had 22 x 11 x 8" superlite haulers with 12 paddles. He kept the front and rear sand tires so I'm inquiring what the forums thoughts are on running the same size haulers and stay with the 12 paddles? I'm not sure whether to run buffs on the front, or the stand tires with a single or double ridge or possibly the sand sharks like the former owner was running? What size of from rim should I run "IF" I am using a 22 rear? Thanks in advance.

I assume it's a drag bike based on the length of the swinger and the previous paddles being ran- i'd say it depends on whether you're running flat drags or at the hill and your weight compared to the previous owner.

Hey young guy I'm planning on running at the hill and the previous owner had the Marvin Shaw rear shock set up for his weight and I'm about 35 pounds lighter that he is. I was considering running Mohawks on the front either a 23 x 8 x 11or the 21 x 7 x 10, but I was not sure which would work best "IF" I run the 22 x 11 x 8" haulers with 12 paddles. The previous owner claimed he was able to still ride the dunes even with a 10" swinger. I'm sure it will take me awhile to get used to that set up since I have not had a chance to get my new ride on the sand as of yet! Now I am just trying to get the right tires to be ready to roll on the sand!!!! :)

Hey young guy I'm planning on running at the hill and the previous owner had the Marvin Shaw rear shock set up for his weight and I'm about 35 pounds lighter that he is. I was considering running Mohawks on the front either a 23 x 8 x 11or the 21 x 7 x 10, but I was not sure which would work best "IF" I run the 22 x 11 x 8" haulers with 12 paddles. The previous owner claimed he was able to still ride the dunes even with a 10" swinger. I'm sure it will take me awhile to get used to that set up since I have not had a chance to get my new ride on the sand as of yet! Now I am just trying to get the right tires to be ready to roll on the sand!!!! :)

I would stick with 21 inch fronts. 23's are going to be HUGE on there.

To give you an idea on how it will look, my bike has 21 rears and 21 fronts.

If it was me id run 12 paddle 22x11x8 Extremes Haulers (72+ RO) on an 8X7 rim and then run some 21" Mohawks up front. You will also want to know that the size labeled on the tire doesnt really mean much, you need to determine the rollout to get an accurate size/measurement.

Something like what he had or even 11s are what a lot of guys run hillshooting. I'd stay light on the front tires, sand sand sharks and the cheaper front tires are very heavy. I'd get either a skattrack mohawk or smoothie or get some from sand tires unlimited.

i run the hill and i have a 4mil with a +12 swing arm, and run 11 or 12 haulers depending on sand condition on a 8x8 wheel..if your running a stock cylinder 4mil i would say you should be running 10 or 11 haulers or 10 paddle xtremes, if you over paddle you might get some people on the holeshot but youill slow down on top.....i usually run around 3 pounds of air and it works out well.imo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...