Adding a 4 stroke to the garage, Which one to BUY ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do alot of trail and woods riding, I would say kfx 450. It is the only one with reverse. But for duning i like the yamaha's.

I'm currently shopping for a trail bike since I got my R spiffed up so much, I don't want to tear it up in the trials. I too thought that the KFX would be the ticket, just because it has reverse. Once I rode one, I changed my mind instantly. My buddies KFX has Elkas on it with all the regular bolt ons and I absolutely hated it. Its too narrow, top heavy, and uncomfortable as shit. The seat is rock hard and I constently felt like I was sitting way to high. End result, KFX450 came off of my shopping list immediately. They don't even compare to the YFZ450R. Best advise, go do what I did and ride everyones bike. Surely you have enough friends with different bikes to try out. Ask JD and Dammit bob how they liked my bike. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Dammit Bob already went out and bought one. :cheers:

Ltr 's are known for breaking gears, 04-05 trx450r's are known for a bad batch of crank bearings because they changed bearing company's right before the 05's. The yfz's are a good platform but are very uncomfortable. My 2 picks would be the yfz or trx. The other ones are slow except the Ltr after alot of mods. My 04 450r beat all of them no problem. Honestly I wish I wouldn't have traded it off for the banshee because I beat the shit out of it and it never missed a beat and I have worked on the banshee alot more than I have rode because of all the bugs from the previous owner. Lol

I have a couple buddies selling there 4strokes. Both are LT R's and they have around 30k in them. They can be bought for around 7k. One of them has never seen dirt and the other is set up for Mx with houser and fox full floats.

Edited by medley

The TRX450r are garbage, Travis knows that.

There are a few around our way and they are the slowest of the 450's around, and not to mention tools boxes.

I have ridden the LTR450 and Im a huge fan, but if i had to guess travis is going to steer away bc he's been there done that already.

Travis, all im gonna say is you've seen what i do to my yfz450 period.

If you dont buy the can am, than YFZ it is.

Joe

So wacko, the trx is garbage because they are the slowest? That is some great input, im sure you made his mind up for him.

Sorry if your offended bc you have a trx, But yes they are def the slowest from what i have seen, they dont compare to the YFZ out of the box!!

Now this is my opinion, they ride hard and the power delivery is just lazy.

Everyone TRX in our area has problem after problem.

Be offended if you wish, but travis is a friend of mine and im POSITIVE than he isn't even considering a TRX.

Id pick just about any 450 over a TRX

Joe

You know what, since you have a TRX why don't you speak up, tell us what you think rather than crying about someone else opinion... Have you ridden other 450's?? Im not talking about a little blip, Im talking a whole day of riding on another 450 besides your trx.. Bc if you have Im sure you you wouldn't still be a TRX fan ..

Sorry if your offended bc you have a trx, But yes they are def the slowest from what i have seen, they dont compare to the YFZ out of the box!!

Now this is my opinion, they ride hard and the power delivery is just lazy.

Everyone TRX in our area has problem after problem.

Be offended if you wish, but travis is a friend of mine and im POSITIVE than he isn't even considering a TRX.

Id pick just about any 450 over a TRX

Joe

You know what, since you have a TRX why don't you speak up, tell us what you think rather than crying about someone else opinion... Have you ridden other 450's?? Im not talking about a little blip, Im talking a whole day of riding on another 450 besides your trx.. Bc if you have Im sure you you wouldn't still be a TRX fan ..

Read page one and report back to me dipshit. Its not a secret the stock trx was the slowest in its class, I think after about 7 years everyone including you has figured that out.

As Joe my opinion of the yfz. I always hated them and auctualy had my up for sale... I tuned it right and took it up to pA once, now I won't get rid of it... I hated them forever now I'm a huge fan... Mines an 06 I plan to leave it bone stock. Maybe after glamis upgrade the suspension...