how to tell cylinder types

benda36

I've been shopping around for a 4 mil shee and i was wondering if theres a way to tell what type of cylinder it has without tearing it down. Do the aftermarket cylinders have a brand name etched on them or something?

Cheetah Cub

Cheetah_Cub_05.jpg

small-block twister cylinders

IMG_2527.jpg

big-block twister cylinders

8c70be2e.jpg

cheetah cylinders

yam_banshee_kit_cheetah_cylinders.jpg

T-Rex Cylinders

635cc_T_REX_Cylinder_kit_for_Banshee.jpg

LA Sleeve Cylinders

lasleeve_banshee409.jpg

Stock Cylinders

lasleeve_banshee350_409.jpg

Edited by BigRed350x

Last winter I wanted to start a pipes, carbs and cylinders chart that stated all the different types with most common uses. I thought it would be fairly simple, but it's actually pretty tough considering all the different setups. Maybe this winter I will put together a chart with all the different cylinder types with bores and strokes and the different pipes and carbs and what they're usually used for. I think it'd be an awesome addition to the BansheeHQ Tech Info page.

Last winter I wanted to start a pipes, carbs and cylinders chart that stated all the different types with most common uses. I thought it would be fairly simple, but it's actually pretty tough considering all the different setups. Maybe this winter I will put together a chart with all the different cylinder types with bores and strokes and the different pipes and carbs and what they're usually used for. I think it'd be an awesome addition to the BansheeHQ Tech Info page.

i think that would be a bad ass idea and would come in handy for us

Forgot the Vitos Mono-Block Cylinders

post-709-1248812461_thumb.jpg

Old RZ350 cylinders

jan25003.jpg

so it seems like aftermarket cylinders are typically a monoblock and the stocks are seperate jugs. thanks for the replies.

I've got another question. If you have a 400 cub, can you drop in a 4 mil crank without much modification? I would assume the domes may need to be changed as well as the timing and jetting. What about porting?

Thanks