high comp.,piped,=no wheelies?wtf..

i put a chariot head on my stocker.150 in rt.,145 in left hole.pro circuit pipes,to be fmf gold series soon.everything else stock but a tusk clutch.the lid is on with the 6 round filters in the lid,no snorkel.jetting is 27.5 pilot,mid needle and 230 mains.it runs very smoth and responsive,but dont wanna pull the wheels.clutch isnt slipping either.is it choked down with the lid and small mains causing this?i think so,but want opinions.i really like the lid as this is my everyday rider and want to keep it sealed up for the elements (air box).i still would figure it to rip with these mods and set up the way it is.any ideas fellas??

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually with the lid,its too rich.is the lid and jetting keeping the power down?i mean,its running rich,but it loves it.i guess i wanna know this because im torn between running open or with lid.i guess if rejetting and removing the will will make it hit hard,i might do it,then again,its soooooo smooth right now i dont wanna touch it lol.

you are WAY lean. the instant you add a performance pipe you should be jumping that main jet 5-8 sizes....making it around a 250-280 (stock size is 200) plus your flowing a little bit more air through that air box.....so you may be needing a little more fuel there....

there is absolutely NO WAY that your are running rich with a 230 main, pc pipes, and a mild-modded airbox at 1300 ft

actually with the lid,its too rich.is the lid and jetting keeping the power down?i mean,its running rich,but it loves it.i guess i wanna know this because im torn between running open or with lid.i guess if rejetting and removing the will will make it hit hard,i might do it,then again,its soooooo smooth right now i dont wanna touch it lol.

i thought mine ran smooth until i started fine tuning the carbs,i jetted up to 350 mains with no airbox,t4s,and shaved head,going up on the mains really helped mine.

i know what rich is and what lean is.i know how it sounds and what it feels like.just by looking at the plugs,when they are wet and black,its rich,so its not going to blow up.its had this jetting since i bought it when it had a dynoport 2 in 1 that i changed to twins..pretty sure if it hasnt blown up in the years its been like that,its not going to now.i going to pull the lid and throw in 280s.the bike has the lid on now,so 230 is not a lean jetting with a lid,ill post pics of a wfo plug if u like.the question i really wanted to know was will it wake upp that much adding more fuel and air.i know it definately will,just dont know how much.i mean,its been so long since ive ridden just a piped and headed banshee,are they supposed to pick up easy lol?my 4mm is retarded and u cant keep the front down,but this aint that lol.its fast,it will pick up like a foot lol.ill just add the fuel and air and report back.i dont really wanna do a rebuild on it quite yet.according to noss on a fresh rebuild with 20cc at 1300 it should have 155.not bad for what it has being 15 years old on original bore and piston.i still saw some hash marks on cyl. when i pulled head.this bike was never abused and i dont think it has many hours on it.thanks fellas.

First off, watch the grammar police.

Second, if you're going to tell the guys that they are basically wrong for telling you that you're lean (and I know you are), then you must be smart enough to just figure the shit for yourself.

FYI, I rejetted a banshee for a guy locally. He had 220 mains w/fmf fatty pipes and it wouldn't wheelie. I put in 27.5 pilots and 310 mains and his would wheelie, in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Moral of the story.....YOU'RE TOO FUCKING LEAN!!!!

Second, if you're going to tell the guys that they are basically wrong for telling you that you're lean (and I know you are), then you must be smart enough to just figure the shit for yourself.

FYI, I rejetted a banshee for a guy locally. He had 220 mains w/fmf fatty pipes and it wouldn't wheelie. I put in 27.5 pilots and 310 mains and his would wheelie, in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Moral of the story.....YOU'RE TOO FUCKING LEAN!!!!

this guy knows what hes talking about. listen to him

ok pro,then y does it blubber like a bitch up top with a solid lid with no holes in it,richening it.i dont need any smart ass clowns being dicks.the question i asked was if the more air from lid being off and raising the fuel to a say 280 would make that big of a difference.no one has told me,they all say u are too fucking lean.dude,i dont give a shit what u say,im running the bike and riding it,not u.so since my question hasnt been answered,which i already know raising mains and air will make it run harder,ill just do it.i didnt think this was gonna get into a pissing match over a fucking question.grammar police?i dont get it,but whatever.u put 310s in a bike with a lid!wow.