Porting stock cylinders

Like the title says....

I pulled my cylinders and I'm going to bring them to the shop and see if they need boreing or just a re-ring....

but I'm thinking of getting them ported...... I mostly ride trails and drag race on the weekend..... so I'm not interested in a drag only High RPM sort of thing.... just a little better than stock

Who does a good job????

How much does it normally run??

as of now my only mods are K&N, FMF Fattys, Powercore II silencers, and Trinity Racing Stage IV head.... all already on when I bought the bike.....

There are 2 choices in my book and that would either be Jeff from farm and sand toys.... Or Kevin from herr jugs racing. Biggest thing is what your budget will allow you to do. And what kind of power your looking for, my self personally I'm going with a dune port from Kevin because he has a REALLY fast turn around. And i'm going to be running damn near the same set up as you. Gunna be running a cool head 19cc domes for race gas and upgrading the clutch springs.

Jeff @ F.A.S.T. Racing has my vote. Kevin is also good from what I have heard. Jeff did my stock cylinders..I had him do my porting and I couldn't be happier. He is extremely helpful and always goes that extra mile. I sent him my jugs once to have them bored and he even did a couple of "new tricks" to my porting at no charge! My gasser runs like a stroker on alcohol. I would go back to him a million times over.

as said they are both good.....however i sent mine to Jeff at FAST.....amazing service and a decent turn around time too. He had my jugs back to me in about 2 weeks and i coudln't be happier. Send your jugs out to either of them and let THEM do the boring and get you a piston kit also. They can get you a better price on pistons than most shops out there and will have EVERYTHING in stock to do them. Plus that way they can do the porting also instead of having to have the jugs going out to another shop.

Herr Jugs gets another vote from me. Not that I would not recommend FAST either because I've heard nothing but good things about their work also. I sent mine to Kevin and have 0 regrets. :headbang:

I mostly ride trails too and he did an aggressive trail /dune port on mine. I have a 4 mil long rod stroker, custom cut 20cc domes in NOSS head, + 5 timing, .020 over, v3's, pro flow filter with no lid, and PC pipes. It is an absolute beast in the woods and trails. 110 gas is a bit pricey though. :cry:

Call either Jeff or Kevin, tell them what you're looking for and they'll hook you up with the best port for your riding style.

F.A.S.T did a 4 mill dune port for me and it runs strong!!!!!!!!!!!! and is great in the trails,

Jeff will not cut corners to speed up production so in the busy season it can take a while, but worth the wait!!!

I have also heard nothing but good about Herr Jugs racing.

flip a coin and choose

MN SHEE is correct

Edited by toytech