What happenec

I havent been on this site for too long, but Ive been in the banshee world for quite some time.. And each one of these previous posts have merit to them. Case in point, is that right now there is another "what oil for my pre mix" that was just recently started. Ive personally sceen that exact question asked and answered a ton of times in just my short time on here.. Or the "what oi in my tranny" and so on. I havent messed with the search tab much, but many of the questions can be answered in many more places than just here.. Many of the basic questions are not secrets and the answers can be found on many places with just a bit of leg work.. If people wold educate themselves a little bit before asking questions, and then ask intelegent questions that include what their setup is, what the symptoms are, and what they are trying to accomplish I as well as other I think would be much more into helping out.. But the simple "my bike runs like shit whats wrong" is annoying. It takes 4-5 replies just to get the information from them that is needed before you can even begin to help them with the problem.. EVERYONE has questions at some point, that is one way that we learn. But the quality of the content in the question will make or break the quality or quantity of the answers.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a great case in point: http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=141257&st=0&gopid=1219793&

This guy HAS the manual and wants to know what the part is and where he can get one!

Took me less than two minutes on Google to get an answer.

I held his hand all the way across the street, reminded him to look both ways and to remember 'Stranger Danger'. I hope he'll be okay when the grown-ups aren't around.

Here's a great case in point: http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=141257&st=0&gopid=1219793&

This guy HAS the manual and wants to know what the part is and where he can get one!

I held his hand all the way across the street, reminded him to look both ways and to remember 'Stranger Danger'. I hope he'll be okay when the grown-ups aren't around.

I think that's the problem we're trying to point out here. It took you longer to type all of that crap than it did to either type out a productive answer to his question or just simply pass on to another thread... Now this makes two threads you've done that to in one day. Someone tell me I'm wrong.

Edited by bigblockbanshee

see guys....we just had another guy do it again.......total of 15 posts on his account and he's starting a new thread in the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum asking if anyone has anything for sale.....wow.... maybe you should check the "FOR SALE" section.....

holy crap bomb.......

it really is a "i want the answer now and i don't wanna do the work for it" era...

shit.

this guy obviously has a HARD on for me. it was a legit post. its a part that looks out of place. its description as "pipe". I have no exsperince with a banshee and i have COMPLETELY stripped it down, Cleaned, Did the trans mods, rebuilt it and i have less than 40 post. 10 or so were in the sales forums and others were thanking u guys for ur help. that leaves 25 or less post to do a complete restoration. I mean Complete. Every bolt, seal, bearing, bushing has been replaced. If i ask a question its because i needed help.

Get off ur HIGH banshee and give me a productive answer without B*#%^ing or dont share ur god like knowledge with me and move to the next Post!!!

P.S. Other members thanked me for bring up that post because it helped them too.

If you guys would have used the search button in the first place, you would have noticed that this topic has been bitched about before, several times!

Well, I typed the title of this very post into the search ("What happened to the brotherhood") and here is what I got back.

One or all of your search keywords were below 3 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords. :blink::wacko: WTF?

So now I look and see the real spelling of the title is "What happenec"

Even still, the search didn't link me with the post even though it should reference the "Brotherhood" sentence.

:huh::huh::huh:

You say "Do a search"......I went on Banshee HQ and asked a question.... :huh: I thought that WAS me doing a search. :lol:

I have a 370 long rod motor. Here is what you get when you enter 370 long rod into the search...

:shootself: It linked me to only 3 persons who used the word "Long" in a sentance. :shootself:

Search Results

Your search for the term 370 long rod returned 3 results

Page 1 of 1 ForumsMembersHelp FilesGalleryCalendarResult sorting Last Update Time Title Replies Views Descending (z-a) Ascending (a-z)

Modifications & Parts > Banshee Repairs and Mods > What happenec #1219738 n2otoofast4u

HQ Lieutenant

Group:

Members Posts:

182 Joined:

17-December 09 Posted Yesterday, 01:01 PM

I havent been on this site for too long, but Ive been in the banshee world for quite some time.. And each one of these previous posts have merit to them. Case in point, is that right now there is another "what oil for my pre mix" that was just recently started. Ive personally sceen that exact question asked and answered a ton of times in just my short time on here.. Or the "what oi in my tranny" and so on. I havent messed with the search tab much, but many of the questions can be answered in many more places than just here.. Many of the basic questions are not secrets and the answers can be found on many places with just a bit of leg work.. If people wold educate themselves a little bit before asking questions, and then ask intelegent questions that include what their setup is, what the symptoms are, and what they are trying to accomplish I as well as other I think would be much more into helping out.. But the simple "my bike runs like shit whats wrong" is annoying. It takes 4-5 replies just to get the information from them that is needed before you can even begin to help them with the problem.. EVERYONE has questions at some point, that is one way that we learn. But the quality of the content in the question will make or break the quality or quantity of the answers.

Modifications & Parts > Banshee Repairs and Mods > What happenec #1219649 Jereme6655

HQ Lieutenant

Group:

HQ Premium Member Posts:

585 Joined:

06-February 10 Posted Yesterday, 04:53 AM

i agree with both sides here......i think some have started to give less than great instructions on how to solve problems HOWEVER.....i think that it is because of the newer younger crowd that is now trying to fix things and instead of wanting to go through the work, they are used to and still want to just have it instantly fixed without the joy\entertainment\frusttrations that come along with trouble-shooting.......which is how you learn.

i also do find it annoying when the same titles keep coming up...... help! wont run.... or jetting.... or is this right?....

I think Larry's shee is right though......YES the search option is less than desired.....however it WILL bring up the info you need.....you just need to look for the right answer a little deeper sometimes.....more than just glancing at the first 3 posts and getting mad because its not right there.

TO THE YOUNGER CROWD: Yes there are still some of us around here that WANT to help you. And we will help you......if YOUR willing to help out also. If your looking for an answer and expect to just turn a screw and have the motor completely fixed....it wont be. We need you to understand that you WILL need to get your hands dirty and you WILL occasionally need to say "sorry guys...can't go riding right now.....gotta tear the motor down and fix the problem." Some problems need a little bit of R & R to come to a conclusion as to what is wrong.....some are just sitting there in front of you and the answer is slapping the shit outta you.

Im sorry if this is a little bit of a rant for you.....

And if your a younger crowd individual who HAS found this offensive.....then you are one of the crowd that was raised stuck on your mama's tit too long and needs to be introduced to the world of reality.....sometimes you need to drop your purse....attach your nuts to where they belong and get your hands dirty. BESIDES....you may actually find that you actually enjoy it.

Fast as fast can be...you'll never catch me...

Screw work...i'd rather be riding!

Modifications & Parts > Banshee Repairs and Mods > What happenec #1219386 bansheesandrider

HQ Soldier

Group:

Members Posts:

1,264 Joined:

08-September 07 Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:50 AM

Banshee Chad, on 13 March 2011 - 01:50 AM, said:

I understand that some are redundant. But alot are not. Seems like people are more apt to answer with a use search answer than trying to be helpful.

I read alot and dont post unless I really need help, and seems like I hardly get any...

Its just hard when people need help and cant get it.

The last time I answered a redundant post(about the park brake rev limiter and TORS) I first reminded them to use the search function and then wrote a long paragraph explaining it once again. People need to do a little research BEFORE they ask questions and supply the basic info we need so we have a starting point to help them. I am always willing to help someone out if they can tell me what I need to know to start out.

Page 1 of 1

Skin and Language

Theme: IP.Board Mobile BHQ-Carbon Language: English (USA) Execution Stats

Time Now: Mar 15 2011 08:06 PM

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400

if you have a banshee snd DONT have the manual you should get it and read the entire thing fron to back its amazing things that are in there that would answer nearly EVERY question i can see on this site ( unless it deals with aftermarket parts cause we all know they just dont fit right!)

the other thing is there are SO many sticky's with TONS of info up there i know of a FEW that i have read entirely and most of the time they answer questions to jetting and yes most of it is from experience!! when i was learning jetting work i never really got it till i started to LISTEN to the bike adn read through the jetting info i could find and the articles on jetting in the MANUAL> also switching to alky helped me in jetting gas amazingly well. using carbs that are easy to adjust made me realize much easier what the motor was soundling like. some things are part experience, and part just plain gut feeling? any more i dont even yank plugs and do plug chops. BUT thats just me...

other things like electrical and frame issues adn other tid bits are almost always maintenance related and if you dont know HOW to use a ohm meter go get your dad to show you OR go outside and find some old dude that lives on your block and have him help you there are just some thigns you just cannot fix over the net and over the phone to me i just have to have it here for me to look at and listen to adn see other issues that are wrong...

i am also very tired of the whats wrong" oh this is wrong" "oh bullshit cause my dads brothers uncle and over at yahoo answers i read that thats not true" bulshit.

the other problem i am seeing at least locally is that the banshee is droped in price SO far that the average person can now own one adn most times the have NO idear what to look for adn buy JUNK for 2000-2500 you can have a nice bike i have one in the garage that SOMEHOW someo one bought for 3000!!! ( and its an 88???) and 2 days later its blown the fuck up. i feel bad for them kinda they were looking adn i said if you want one i'll build you one here adn sell it for that price. they couldnt wait and it sucks for them.. SO there are a bunch of junk getting sold adn its starting to get bad