What happenec

Well, try not to light all the noobs up too much.

Remember, there are alot of fatherless young men out there trying to figure out how to spin a wrench and the only people they can find with any mechanical ability might be members of an internet site.

Also, common sense isn't so common any more.

Instead of saying "Do a search" We should say "Read all the sticky's, buy a Clymers manual, read every post in the repairs and mods section going back a week/month and then stay up to date with all of them as you go forward."

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, the search is total dog shit. using it almost always ends up in getting pissed off and even beating the computer....... i have been suggesting that the site add something like a google add-on, or google site search, where you are actually using the google search engine, but the search is limited to just this site. i know i have seen it before, and i gaurantee is you use the seach, you will see no rference to me suggesting it beacuse the search sucks balls /rant..... all it takes is one guy having a bad day, or responding to a troublesome op to use the search, and then another reads it and monkey-see, monkey-do, you have a growing wave off ass-hole responses. not even confined to this site, and it gets worse at some sites, where the "management" wants to enforce the atitude about it. i don't know what has been going on the past couple months, but this is a learning/teaching site last i checked, which answering redundant questions is a part of the learning process where a guy can spread and discuss his new-found knowledge to the next guy, and usually learn even more. all under the watch of the more experienced and knowledgeable members, that can correct any mistaken info transferred in this manner. so, yes, we need to adress the search fail, but that's up to ty, but as far as the redudndant questions go, i'm with the op...... if you don't want to answer, don't click the thread, just to tell the guy he shouldn't have made a thread....... and those other guys that post shit like "anyone got anything for sale?"..... well, that's just opourtunity for damn good entertainment. .......... hmm, i think i'm sounding a tad less than louquatious tonight.... oh well.

like i think i said most the Q's peeps seem to have are either answer'd in the manual OR in sticky's EXCEPT aftermarket etc. and that takes experience.

i redid my first banshee a few times and tha was even before i KNEW there even was an internet. sometime you just have to break everything but i do feel i am a lil exceptional in the mechanical ability of it all.

i'm tryinjg to remind myself that some people just need the help if they seem at least half ass honest and i feel they can at least somewaht understand my solution i will post it otherwsice i'm just staying out of threads..

i'm honestly really tired of the can you teach me how to port my motor PM's/ took me 15+ years to get to the point i'm at and i was also taught by 2 old school machinest's one of wich was only a handfull that could do a triple exhaust with NO welding on stockers.. thats was a LOT of work. involved removing sleeves adn stuff YIKES

Since i've been a member on this forum I've found most of the answers to my questions using the search function. Granted there will be some cases that the question will need to be asked. The ones that have been around for awhile have seen just about every question to every issue come cross this forum at some point in time. if I can't the answer in my manual, search function or google I will ask, but I will exhaust all other options before I ask. yeah there may have been times where i went thru 20 pages before I found my answer...but it was there in the search function...

right after I rebuilt the top end on my '99 I was having some issues of the right cylinder would die once I cracked the throttle but would come alive again at WOT... After I spent weeks toubleshooting, tearing the motor and carbs apart a few times and still nothing...I finally asked for help here... I spent a few more weeks troubleshooting doing everything i read by searching every thread that had anything to do or came close to with my issue and using other members tips and suggestions..it now runs like a champ...and because of everything i learned from what i read from those many weeks of reading I have been able to fix just about anything the banshee's have thrown at me without asking...

it's not that we don't want to answer the question....its just that 99% of the time....it's already been asked and answered.