HJR vs F.A.S.T

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin gets my vote. Great guy to deal with. Very nice to talk to on the phone & has THE fastest turnaround time I have ever experienced in my life of banshees. He won't try and sell you any useless crap you don't need or that doesn't do anything. He deals in top of the line products and does absolute top-notch work. You won't be disappointed with Kevin.

- Jared

I'm not making any assumptions. But what I do know. Is right after he announced the hq wasnt his bread and butter, he had to start a construction job. Maybe not the butter, but obviously the hq was the bread.

I was wondering what happend to him. I figured that he probably just moved on to another forum with less site sponcers to compete against.

I've only had HJR do portwork so far. Turnaround was great like everyone else said, and it ripped pretty damn good for stock cylinders.

I wouldn't hesitate to go with Jeff though. Camped next to him at LS last year and he came over and BS'd and drank with us for a couple hours. He's an awesome guy.

I've ridden both of their dune ported motors and I think they are both good runners.If you wanted a drag port stock cyl I'd say FAST, I've seen and ridden some really fast stuff Jeff has done.I'm assuming you want to ride it this season and I've seen Jeff take many months to do porting if he's backed up. But sometimes u gotta wait if you want the good stuff. I've heard HJR has quite a bit faster turnaround. Depending on if your cyls need bored ask them about the serval cyl and the cost difference.

Edited by RadarRacing

both builders seem fine i ahve rode a HJR bike and seen a few of jeff's cylinders and they look fine to me.

i'd love to see a shoot out. and maybe even a side by side comparison of the actual cylinders... ( haha yea right huh) and yea every "porter" has a lil differnt ways they like stuff even i 'tweak" most others cylinders that i ahve had come through for more work, or my personal bike's

Kevin gets my vote. Great guy to deal with. Very nice to talk to on the phone & has THE fastest turnaround time I have ever experienced in my life of banshees. He won't try and sell you any useless crap you don't need or that doesn't do anything. He deals in top of the line products and does absolute top-notch work. You won't be disappointed with Kevin.

- Jared

X2

I was in the same boat as you. I did what Matt said to do & talked to both. But Then I found a set of used CYL that had HJR Dune/Play port. I sent them down to Kevin to have them bored. I also then sent him my crank to. He sent them back to my fast. The work & turn around time is out of this world. I buy part from both. All in all I think you would be happy with both they are great guys.

• 4 months later...

i have pretty much the same setup.. stock carbs, t5s , vforce3.. i went with jeff at fast. I dropped my motor off in person and bullshit with him for a few hes a great guy and went through every option with me... i ended up going with fast cool head , 20cc domes, dune/play port, matching case port, shift shaft mod, billet clutch basket, new top end. dont think i left anything out.. but anyway he answered all my stupid ?s as this is my first banshee and he also showed me some cylinders he was porting.. great guy! ill let you know how it runs when i pick it up and get it running.

Never had any port work by Jeff but for some reason he took almost 3 months to weld my crank after being promised two different times and neither timeline was met. I suppose if I had the cash laying around I'd give him another try because I've heard some really good stuff about his work. I've seen and experienced Kevin's work and it is right up there in the top of the crowd on every level. I really don't think the guy sleeps at all since his turnaround time is so fast. Something like ten days from shipping out in TN to delivery and reassembly. He's a very generous person on the phone too and will tell you exactly what you need to hear (may not always be what you want to hear) without BS-ing you around. It's a toss up for me as Jeff is closer but I believe Kevin's turnaround is a bit faster. I'm voting for the coin flip between the two.