HJR vs F.A.S.T

I have been snooping around here the last few weeks, and im looking to get some port work done. from what i've read and researched i have decided between these two builders. Of course i cant go wrong either way but i would like to here some pros & cons (if any) from people who have work done by them. And just try to make the decision a little easier haha.

Im looking to get a dune/play port. Im running T-5's, K&N pods, boost bottle, and 330 mains. stock carbs for now but looking to beef up to a 28 within the next few months.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been snooping around here the last few weeks, and im looking to get some port work done. from what i've read and researched i have decided between these two builders. Of course i cant go wrong either way but i would like to here some pros & cons (if any) from people who have work done by them. And just try to make the decision a little easier haha.

Im looking to get a dune/play port. Im running T-5's, K&N pods, boost bottle, and 330 mains. stock carbs for now but looking to beef up to a 28 within the next few months.

It's going to be a toss up between those two guys. HJR guys are going to recommend him, FAST guys are going to recommend him. I think you will be equally happy with both of them. Here's what I would do. Call each of them, discuss what you want to do, then go with whoever you feel the most comfortable with. You will get an excellent port job no matter who you choose.

matt is exactly right when he says that everyone is going to tell you that their sponsor is better. TRUTH IS both of these guys are well known in the ATV world as outstanding builders. I haven't dealt with Kevin at HJR......but i have dealt with Jeff at F.A.S.T. I can tell you that jeff is a real nice well spoken down to earth guy. I liked how FAST and the shop employees handled business (ie...i got a phone call to verify that they received my cylinders and crank). They asked me a real quick description of what i was lookin to get outta the bike and i told them and he informed me that Jeff would be calling me in the next few days to personally talk to me to get a feel for what i was looking for so that he could port my cylinders exactly to what i was looking for......shit it wasn't even 4 hours later when he called me....and it was evening time for him and his friends were over hanging out while he was on the phone with me getting a description of what i wanted the bike to do.......that to me shows dedication.

turn around time from jeff was about 2 weeks and that was for both welding my crank and porting my cylinders

i was really impressed when jeff offered to ship me back my crank (he called me 2 days after they received my parts because he completed the work on it) to see if i wanted it back so that i would be able to start reassembly on the low-end of the motor while i waited for the cylinders to be ported.

really an outstanding guy....

Jereme

As said before both guys are kickass builders. I personally had Jeff @ FAST do my port work and everything was nice and clean and their customer service is second to none. Hell Jeff even sat on the phone with me at 11 pm discussing my port work. I'm sure you'll be happy with either one.

It's going to be a toss up between those two guys. HJR guys are going to recommend him, FAST guys are going to recommend him. I think you will be equally happy with both of them. Here's what I would do. Call each of them, discuss what you want to do, then go with whoever you feel the most comfortable with. You will get an excellent port job no matter who you choose.

X2....I personally dealt with Kevin at HJR.....but I have heard nothing but excellent remarks about Jeff & his work. It's up to you.....like stated before you can't go wrong with any of them. I have the same set-up your looking to get & it's really :bolt: than stock...... :headbang:

Edited by 252wheelieking

do as matt suggested. give both of them a call and go with whomever you feel most comfortable with. the only "pros" would be, i think kevins prices are a little lower (if i remember right) and with you being in az shipping charges to hjr would be cheaper being as he's based out of southern california (encinitas ?). as far as porting itself goes, you honestly cant go wrong with either dude.